When are You Coming Back? // Wirt's POV

Wirt's POV:

"Oh no, oh no, oh no. What should we do?" We checked her pulse and didn't feel anything.

"Call 911!" Sara yelled.

"But..." I was too afraid to call. (Y/n) doesn't deserve all of these horribleness. Plus neither of us had our phones on us.

"Here, I'll carry her." I offered.

"No!" Sara snapped, her eyebrows scrunched. After she had realized the stares she was receiving she sunk into her bomber jacket and if you looked closely, you could tell her face was turning pinkish-red.

"Where would we even take her?" She peeped.

"I don't know. Well, go find the nearest store and call 911. Please, do it now. I'll stay here with (y/n)." I knew she was hesitant about it. I don't know why though.

As Sara left I kneeled on the ground and held onto (y/n)'s cold, stiff hands. As a reaction to feeling how cold they were, I cupped both of my hands over her's and blew my warm breathes into our hands, hoping it'll do something, but knowing it'll do nothing.

People walked past and stared. I didn't mind. The sun was setting quite fast and I'm sure our parents are worried sick for our where-beings.

"What's taking Sara so long?!" I asked myself. It seemed like 10 minutes. I'd expect her to at least be back by now. There are stores surrounding us everywhere. How hard could it be?

As time past, I wanted to keep (y/n) warm, so I tried to make her sit up so I can wrap my arms around her.

"What?" Somethings slid from her hoodi-pockets.

I picked them up and found it to be her journal and her phone with earplugs.

Sara was taking too long whatsoever, so I just used (y/n)'s phone to call. As I dialed the numbers " 9-1-1 " I felt a shake on my shoulder. And a loud gasp.

I was startled by the sudden move. My screeched must've alarmed Sara and (y/n) because next thing you know, I felt (y/n)'s breath crawling up my neck and the sound of a shoe's soul smacking the ground.

(Y/n) is back.

and

Sara is finally back.

"I'm so sorry Wirt! I couldn't find anybody. All the stores were closed! I ran around the block for 20 minutes looking for opened stores." She was desperate for a nice, long breath of fresh air to fill her deflated lungs.

"It's okay, Sara. I think (y/n) is breathing again. I felt her breath."

"Oh, okay." Sara let out a frustrating sigh.

And I was confused. Why would she be upset at the fact that (y/n) is alive again? I thought they were best friends. What happened? Shouldn't Sara be caring for (y/n) more than I, myself, care for her? They are best friends after all.