Burning Passion - ch2

She sighed and he knew the moment was over. But he couldn’t let her go. He loved her too much to give up on her like that. He wouldn’t let her go. Not without a fight.

“I thought we understood each other. You don’t have to do this. In case you haven’t noticed, you already have me. No strings attached” she smiled thinking this was what this whole thing was about.

Obviously he wasn’t clear enough. “I know” he sighed “And it’s not enough. I want more. I want you. I want us to be exclusive.” He hoped she would understand now but she burst out laughing.

“Are you serious? Do you have any idea what you just said? Exclusive?!” she mocked. “How dare you say something like that to me?” She was getting angry now. What did he think? She’d be all over him with that suggestion?

He was hurt by her reaction but knew she was right. It was hypocritical of him, considering the situation, yet that’s how he felt. “I know and you’re right but I am serious. I –”

“You what? You’re willing to keep me around till the next one comes along? To take me out and be proud to have me by your side? What are you going to say when someone asks who I am? Huh? Oh! Wait, I know! ‘Hey guys, that’s my girl, Anna’ F*ck you David. You know damn well you’ll never leave her. I knew from the very beginning what I was getting myself into. And I made it clear that I will not be the other woman. This is a one time deal. Darn it, wasn’t I clear enough?”

“Just let me explain. I am not lying. I really want this to work. I don’t want a quick thrill. Never did. But those were your rules. I didn’t know what else to do. Please, give me a chance to prove it. Give us a chance.” he whispered the last part as he tried to take her hands in his.

She jerked her hands away “Who the hell do you think you are? No, I don’t want to give you a chance. Why should I? You are married David! I know it’s hypocritical of me to be offended but I’m not stupid. What are you going to do? Tell me how much you love me? Tell me you’re unhappy in your marriage? That you want a divorce?” she mocked. Yes, she did that a lot.

“Yes! That’s exactly what I will tell you! I was never happy in that marriage. And I never thought I would find someone so I didn’t file for a divorce. Why the hell would I be here if I were happy? And-”

“Oh, how original!” she commented, her voice dripping with sarcasm. “A married man tells his fling how miserable he feels in his marriage.” she pressed her hand on her chest in fake enthusiasm. “You married her in your own free will. And you stayed in that marriage because you wanted to. You did search for a quick thrill. You did search for a toy to keep around and play with whenever you feel like it.” she sneered. She was beyond pissed now.

“Listen to me god damn it! I love you! I am completely, irrevocably in love with you! I fell for you the first moment I laid eyes on you in that f*cking  theater. You had Jared all over you, trying to feel you up all night long and all I wanted was to rip his head off for touching you like that! I wanted to shout out you’re mine and mine alone! And I couldn’t stop thinking of you ever since. Still can’t” he said as he walked closer to her, determined to win her over.

“I love you. The way you act around other people and still remain yourself no matter what. The way you look so freaking sexy without ever trying. The way you scrunch up your nose when you don’t like something or how your face lights up when you do. You don’t chew your words, you don’t pretend, you say what you want and fight for it.” He let out a deep breath “And I love you for all that and even more. And I know; when you love something, you give yourself over completely, no matter how scary it can be… It makes me love you more.” he finished and framed her face.

This was it. He had just poured his heart out to the woman he loved with everything he had in him and all he could do was wait and hope she’d eventually believe him.

She was completely shocked by his revelation. Her heart was beating wildly in her chest and was too stunned to even move. Damn treacherous heart, she chided, for falling so easily. She blinked and snapped out of it. “No. you’re just a lying, cheating prick. Go back to your wife, David.” she coldly stated and walked away, putting her clothes on hastily.

He was frozen there, not knowing what to do. A loud echo filled the room when she slammed the door and he realized he had lost her. His knees went weak and he fell on the floor. Now what? he thought. Can I just let her go? No, no way. I’ll win her over. I’ll convince her. But she doesn’t want anything to do with me. She rejected me.

“Damn it!” he growled and hit his clenched fist on the cold floor repeatedly. He felt so empty. He was heartbroken for the first time in his life and hated it. But he also knew what he had to do. There was no other way. The decision was made.

------------------------------------------------------

 Oh oh he is married... o_O  Now what? Should David let her go?And Anna... tsk tsk tsk naughty Anna, shame on you. Should Anna walk away like that?Or give him a chance? Hmmm...

There you go! I posted this chapter sooner that I thought. And I just typed the whole chapter in about 15 minutes. That's how thrilled I am! :D

And only because you asked for it! This one’s for you CarminaLuvsYou and jennjenn3. You two have no idea how excited I am that you like it so far. I hope you’ll love the rest of it as well.