Burning Passion - ch5

Days later Anna and her friends went clubbing. They were trying to cheer her up. They wouldn’t say anything to her, but they all saw she had fallen for that married guy she had met about three months ago. She hadn’t realized yet that besides being all gloomy and depressed she had also been talking about him non-stop, trying to make sense of the situation.

They had to do something. They got her all dressed in her sexiest little black dress -a strapless piece- and black pumps and took her to her favorite club. The objective tonight was to help her loosen up and have a good time.

Right now, they were in the middle of a game. A little tradition of theirs actually, whenever one of them was going through a rough phase. It was basically a drinking game of truth or dare. Merely an excuse to drink more.

After a few rounds of swinging shot after shot, they were having a blast. And like every time, the game had turned into something else. Anna had just lost a bet and groaned as the girls, giggling like crazy, wanted her to kiss a guy of their choice as a fine. It was always a bad choice and she remembered every single time it happened.

“Sorry hon, but you know the rules. Pay up!” Ellie giggled.

“Very funny El. Ok. Bring it on girls.” She said with a renewed sense of optimism. She could always handle whatever her crazy friends threw at her. She was slightly tipsy by now and numbed enough to not think of David.

The girls however had something different in mind. This time it would be the exact opposite. This time the man they would choose would be a man she’d never forget, hopefully, no matter how much she’d pray for it. They had to shake her up somehow; make her see what is right in front of her.

“Oh, I just got the perfect victim. It’s definitely your type too!” Becca chirped excitedly and clapped her hands. She whispered to the others so they could agree on the man she showed. Anna wondered what they were up to since she didn’t notice any sarcasm in Becca’s words.

“Heck yeah! Definitely approve your pick!” Lena chimed in. “Ok. Hottie ten o’clock. And he’s totally checking you out. You know the drill. No fines for you tonight. Go have fun. That’s an order!” she said sternly and Anna’s eyes widened as realization set in.

Anna turned around slowly, determined to leave everything behind and make a new start. She didn’t question her friends. She simply searched for the guy thinking she would make this night memorable. Everybody dancing, drinking and generally having a good time was all she saw.

Until she found the guy. He was the picture of perfection. Black dress pants and white button up shirt, the top buttons revealing his strong chest and the sleeves rolled up, showing his muscled arms. She gulped at the sight. Damn, this is one fine man she thought and immediately regretted it.

Her eyes locked on the face and her breathing sped up. His silky black hair, strong jaw, sensual lips she wanted to bite and that piercing gaze of his as he openly checked her out like a starving man wanting to devour her made her momentarily forget what she was to do.

She froze in place and her heart raced as she wobbled a bit, whether because of the drinks she had or because it was him. She panicked and turned around again, her eyes glued on the floor. “I can’t do this” she croaked “I – I can’t” she repeated and hastily picked her stuff to leave.

“Wow, hold it right there. Anna, what’s wrong?” asked Rene concerned.

“He- He’s here.” Anna whispered and her eyes stung from tears threatening to spill out. She had already accepted a few weeks back that she felt something for him. She would never admit to them the extent of her feelings though. Hell, she didn’t even fully admit it to her self.

“What?! David? Where is he? Hey hey, relax. Everything’s ok. We’re right here.” Rene reassured her quickly. Their plan had just failed miserably and it was all their doing.

“The hottie ten o’clock.” she whispered and smiled weakly.

“Holly sh*t! That’s the guy?” Becca shrieked. “I knew you had great taste!” she stated, proud that her friend had found such a handsome man. Also proud that she had picked the right guy in there. They all glared at her. “Sorry. But it is true.” She sheepishly added.

“Hon, are you sure he is a player?” I mean, the way he looks at you. There is something there girl. He hasn’t taken his eyes off of you all this time. Not even for a minute.” Lena intervened.

The way that guy looked at their friend wasn’t what they expected. The cheating type of man –married or not- was usually arrogant, smug, a total player in every sense of the word and it showed. This one however was different. He seemed real. He looked at Anna mesmerized, happy, shocked and terrified, yet somehow composed. But he couldn’t hide what he felt for her. This man was a man in love. That man truly believed she was his life, his world, his everything.

Anna couldn’t deal with this. It was just too much. So she grabbed her things and walked away, not saying a word to her friends. They would understand.

________________________________

Hey guys. Here's the next chapter. Please vote and comment if you liked it.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!

Souzane