CH6 (A Sad Beginning)

Summer 1964 

The Beatles would have the next two days off after their concert the following day. Katherine didn't make it to London England until late that night. Paul met Katherine at her London home. 

"Sorry I couldn't make here any sooner" Paul said as he walked into the door.

Katherine was wearing big over size sunglasses in the house. She had no idea how she was going to tell Paul but for some reason she wanted to tell him. 

"It must be really bright in here" Paul said as he walked over to Katherine. 

"I've missed you" Katherine said as she hugged Paul. 

"So are you going to tell me what happened last night?" Paul asked. 

Katherine step back from Paul and took her sunglasses off. 

Katherine had a good bruise on the left side of her face leaving her eye black and blue.

"Who did that to you?" Paul asked very concerned. 

"Dose it matter? It was no one"

"No one? You didn't just come back to London seven days earlier for nothing Katherine" 

"It was Tom he hates me ever since I broke up with him to be with Mick. We all got into a disagreement he lost his temper and hit me" 

"Tom you dated Tom?"

"Years ago there is something else I need to tell you"

Paul looked at Katherine he didn't say a word.

"I'm into drugs again" 

"What? I never knew you were into drugs. Why are you telling me this?" Paul said not sure how he should react but he did feel angry that Tom hit Katherine. 

"I'm telling you so your not left in the dark and you know the truth before someone else tells you" 

"If I ever see Tom ill punch him myself" 

Katherine didn't say anything. 

"I can't believe this" Paul said very frustrated. 

"I need you Paul and I want us to work" 

Paul looked at Katherine he never saw someone so sad. Paul moved Katherine close to him. Tears ran down Katherine face she couldn't hold them back. 

"You must think I'm stupid" Katherine said as she hated crying in front of people. 

"No Katherine your not stupid it's okay to cry I'm here for you" 

A few hours went by Katherine and Paul fell asleep that night in each other arms. 

Katherine felt safe with Paul and that was something she's never felt with any of her ex boyfriends. 

Paul he starting to realize who Katherine is but there was still a lot he didn't know about her. 

The following morning Paul and Katherine were awaken by the phone ringing. 

"Paul can you answer that" Katherine said as she didn't want to talk to anyone. 

"Hello" Paul said as he answered the phone. 

"Can I speak to Ms. Heartman" a male voice with a British accent said. 

"She's not available to talk right now. Can I take a message?" 

"Tell her Keith called" 

There was a pause as Paul was remembering who Keith was.