Chapter 1

'Coming back from his funeral, she opened their last Whatsapp chat.

The heart he sent her was still beating.'

-Terribly Tiny Tales (ttt)
(Instagram)

●●●

The goon was pointing the gun in my direction. And to say that I was scared would be an understatement.

I was shivering.

I was afraid.

I didn't know why they wanted to kill me.

What have I done?

I had no other escape, there was no trace of human around me and I couldn't shout for help.

Why did I even come here?
Jacob always told me this place was not safe, but I wanted to visit this place for my journalism project as it has always been a subject of interest for it's criminal activities.

How could I be so stupid to come here all alone!

I was helpless.

What if he pulled the trigger?

What if I died right now?

What if my life ended right here?

I could see the evil smile spreading on his lips and his eyes twitched. He was ready to shoot me. The goon was here to kill me.

I shut my eyes and it felt like my whole life replayed in front of my eyes in a micro-second.

Mom smiling at me, my dad kissing my forehead proudly, my friends laughing at the cafe, and Jacob.

His green eyes,
His face,
His smile,
The day I had met him and the day we fell apart.

I felt a tear escape my eye.

I took a deep breathe and made myself ready to face it. Before I could open my eyes, I heard the sound of the trigger. It was loud and there was silence following it.

The goon pulled the trigger?

Everything around me was silent.

Am I dying?

Instinctively my hand reached for the wound that bullet might have caused, but I didn't feel anything.

No blood? Why do I not feel any pain?

I quickly opened my eyes and looked down at my body, and found that there was no wound.

I sighed.

Phew!

But the goon had pulled the trigger, didn't he?

Where did the bullet go?

Maybe he just fired the bullet in the air to scare me.

Just then I saw a figure standing in front of me with his back to me.

I recognised him even though he wasn't facing me.

The same hair, same broad shoulders and tall frame. He was wearing his signature business coat.

But what was Jacob doing here?

I took a step beside him to take a look at what goons were upto now. There was horror evident on their faces as they started to run away.

Maybe they were afraid when they saw Jacob Williams standing in front of them.

Who wasn't intimidated by Jacob after all?

I sighed in relief.

Thank god, Jacob was here and he scared the goons away.

I smirked at the retreating figures of the goons, "Thanks Jacob," I said and quickly hugged Jacob tightly.

Although things went wrong between us, but here he was, for me. I was so glad he was here with me at this moment and nothing else mattered. Forgetting what happened between us and foegetting the fact that we were not together anymore, I just hugged him.

I wrapped my hands around him tightly and placed my chin on his shoulder.

"Eva.." he mouthed placing his hands on my waist.

My name sounded so perfect coming out of his mouth and in that moment I knew that I missed him so much.

I took in his scent and relaxed under his touch.

"Thank you so much Jacob. I thought I was going to die today, if it weren't for yo..." I started but was interrupted when he meekly called my name again, "Eva.."

His voice was so weak, not holding the same power that he usually held.

When I was going to pull away from the hug, I tried to hold me back to him again but his hold was weak.

He took a deep breathe.

I felt something was wrong.

"Jacob, are you okay?" I asked pulling away from him.

And just when I pulled apart, I felt the cold wind gush between us loosing the warmth I felt when I was in his arms. But with that what I saw, choked me.

A huge red stain on my top, a fresh stain of blood.

Blood that wasn't mine...

I wasn't hit by the bullet but...

Jacob..

The mere thought of what I was thinking to be reality, choked me.

I looked at Jacob to make sure what I was thinking wasn't true.

          Jacob was looking at me intently, with a soft but hurt smile on his face. I looked at his hand which was on his abdomen at the left, just below his chest and I noticed the red on his fingers.

Blood!

Oh my god...

No no.. please god... No... please tell me what I am thinking is not true... please tell me the bullet didn't hit Jacob..

Please...

I was praying as I carefully reached for his hand and slowly pulled it away from his abdomen.

I felt as if I was hit by a truck when I saw the red on his white shirt that he was wearing inside his coat.

"Jacob..." I mouthed as I reached for the place where the he had been clutching.

My eyes widened at the sight of a huge blood stain forming on his shirt.

No! Oh god no!

Jacob was shot..

Before I could say anything else or digest what had just happened, Jacob collapsed in front of me.

No.. no..
This can't be happening..

This can't happening..

●●●

Please Vote and Comment.❤❤

Follow me on Instagram : vidhi4996

Hey,
I love you for selecting my story as your next read. I am trying my best to make the book interesting.

🍭The book is unedited, so there will be grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, please feel free to point them out. You can tell me about them through comments.🍭

I want to change the name of this book from 'Chasing Love' to something else. Please help me and suggest something.❤❤

●●●