Chapter 17

When I came back home, it was already dark outside. Nina and I had decided to have dinner outside, so I asked Mary to make dinner for Jacob and asked her to make sure Jacob takes his medicines too. I called her twice to remind her about the medicines, which was stupid because Mary was like Jacob's mother and I am sure she would never forget a detail like that, but I still had to make sure.

Mary must have left an hour ago according to her text message.

I walked inside the living room and placed my bags on the couch. I looked around, but Jacob was no where in the living room. The lights of Jacob's room were on. I figured that he mist be either working or watching news in his room. I started towards his room but decided against it as I remembered how bad I felt when he was busy and couldn't talk to me. I didn't want to disturb him.

Jacob would be busy and ofcourse he wouldn't have time to even look at me, so it's better that I don't interrupt, right?

I understand that work is important, but I am still feeling bad that he has not time to talk to me.

Urgghh.. I hate it when I am so confused.

I went to the kitchen poured myself a glass of water and drank it before I went to my bedroom.

I pulled out my pink shorts and a white loose top from the closet and stripped into them. I washed my face and tied my hair into bun above my head before I switched off the lights and plopped down on my bed.

I buried my head in the pillow and tried my best to not over-think.

I was clearly not sleepy, and my anger on Jacob was not really helping. It was frustracting actually. We didn't talk at all today and it was strange how badly it was affecting me.

There was all the kinds of thoughts running in my mind.

About what Nina said, all the scenarios about how I should talk to Jacob about us.

Or what if he doesn't want to talk about it at all?

How should I begun a comversation about being in a relationship with him?

Should I even talk to him?

This is the biggest problem with over thinkers, they think about all the scenarios that can happen and I am one of those over thinkers who think about the worst scenarios.

I was trying to bury my head deeper into the pillow in an attempt to get myself some sleep, when I heard my bedroom door open slowly.

I sat up on my bed and saw Jacob coming in my room. He switched on the lights if my room and I saw him leaning on the door frame with his arms folded against his chest. His hair looked wet and skin glowed. Maybe he just had a shower. He was wearing his grey t-shirt and black pajamas, which looked pretty cute on him.

"Take a photograph, I've heard it lasts," I heard him say and spotted a smirk on his face.

I quickly regained my composure and looked away.

"I wasn't checking you out. And that line is one of the oldest lines that I have read in my books." I said getting out of the bed.

I walked towards the bookshelf and grabbed a random book from it and started flipping the pages.

"Can I come in?" he asked still smirking at me.

"No," I said. It surely washed off that freaking smirk off his face and was replaced by a frown.

"I am anyways coming in."

"Then why did you ask?" I said trying my best to not look at him.

He walked towards me and leaned on the bookshelf beside me.