The King Of Hearts

Reaper:

Waves of immense pleasure coursed through me. Everything has gone perfectly according to my plan. Poor fool never even thought Id use a siren to seduce his heart. Now all thats left is for Xx to catch him in the action.

Once her spirit is broken, her determination will shatter, and my kiss of death will work. Last time didnt go so well. Her love for that bone head strengthened her determination, allowing her to refuse to join me in the underworld. Normally, any physical contact with a reaper would kill a mortal.

No matter. Now she will have me, as I will have her. Xx will make the most beautiful soulmate! I will be the envy of every reaper to have reaped.

Stepping out of the shadows, Reaper Sans walked to the door that lead to the ballroom. There he would wait to lure Xx further into the trap. One glimps of Sans Gaster kissing the siren, and its checkmate.

You:

Nex had fallen asleep on the sofa in the corner of the room, not far from the punch table. I was sipping a fruity red juice that tasted of kiwi and strawberry. It had been poured for me into a beautiful glass chalice, decorated with varied gems I couldnt name.

Sans had been gone an awefully long time. I really hoped he would be ok. Nex snored loudly, and rolled over, facing the interior of the couch. Setting down my glass, I set off to explore the mansion that was hosting the ball. Nex wouldnt miss me.

Purposely avoiding the door Sans had left in, I wandered upstairs and entered the first door I saw. No need to worry more about Sans, there was exploring to do.

The door clicked in place behind me. The room in which I entered, was a massive library. Leather bound books with gold titling glimmered across every shelf. It was heart stoppingly beautiful, and took my breath away. I ran my fingers over each copy in an attempt to take in its magesty.

Cough. "I see the books have caught your eye, mademoiselle?" I jumped, and spun around. Before me stood a regal looking man no older than I was. His eyes were a marvelous shade of green, and his hair was a smooth brown.

I stood there. No words came out. He, for a moment, looked confused. Then chuckling, he placed his hand over his heart and bowed. "I am James, Master of this household. my lady, might I have the pleasure of knowing your name?" He looked up.

"I, uh, erm." I messed with my skirt and prayed I didnt look like the mess I felt I was. "Sorry... For touching your books... Im Xx"

He let out a huge laugh, completely losing the regal demeanor. "Its quite alright. I admire a lady who loves a good book." He walked closer to me. Taking my hand, James raised it to his lips. "It is truly an honor to meet one as beautiful as yourself. Not many can outshine my collection." He gestured to the books.

I smiles. James was very charming. "Well, thank you. I hope it wasnt too rude of me to snoop." He nodded. "A friend of mine wandered off, and I was passing the time until he returned."

As if on queue, he managed to squeeze in another flirt. "Perhaps I could entertain you while your friend is away." He put an emphasis on the word, as if to imply he was far better company.

I didnt want to be rude, so I accepted his outstretched arm. Following his lead, we walked out into the garden at midnight.

From one of the many shadows stood the Reaper, seething. Rage had boiled inside his not beating heart, and his plan was being put on delay.

The siren song would only last a few hours, then shatter when she needed to return to the sea. There wasnt much time left.

Whoever this James was, he needing to make himself useful, or be eliminated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok guys, so short chapter, but thats becausr i want to do something big. That being both story wise, and community wise.

We are going to have a cover contest!!!

Ive been meaning to upload a new cover for ages, and just as i found a few good ones, i had an idea. Why not jave a fan made one? With almost 14k views and a thousand viewers, at least a few of you can probably make a really neat cover!

The contest will be starting the second i publish this chapter, and will last a whole week. About til august 2nd or 3rd.

The rules are simple:
1: it cant have any words on it. I personally add that later.

2: it can only have characters from the story so far, aside from you, the reader. Since everyone looks different, we dont want one style of human to represent the reader. So you cant be in the cover. Character can include G, Reaper, Nex, Mtt, BP, Grill, Gaster, and James.

3: The only reqyired character to be in the cover is G Sans.

4: there cant be too much white. Sans is a skeleton. He has enough white. If you would like to know how much white is OK, look at the cover of my story 'Napstablook's Mercy'. It has a vit of background to make up for the white.

Thats all!! I will be displaying the top potential covers throughout the chapters as i get them. In the end, you all will get to cast your votes.

To place your piece in the contest, please msg me a virtical picture of the piece, alone with your desired name. Your name will be featured in tje description of the story, as the cover artist.

Now enoy the view of how i imagine james looks: