chapter 4

I watched as we flew out of the dark building and into a flash of lights, they were stars.... its been so long since i felt this air, seen the stars, been out of chains. It felt nice. This odd angel saved me.

I looked down and saw the lights of the buildings and all the cars driving, unaware of me or this angel.

I smiled and looked up, i was finally free. I never thought this day would happen.

Then my smile faded and the others from that place flashed into my mind. They died so young, why am i the one to be saved?

We landed on the roof of a tall building and she let go of me. I looked at her with curious eyes "your an angel.... but how? Why did you only save me?"

She rolled her eyes and walked to the edge and looked out "look hon i didnt save you. I was supposed to get the boy but he got shot by one of those idiotic humans." She turned and looked at me "dont go thinking your special, your not. You would still be there if that boy didnt die. And i didnt save you if thats what you think." She sighed and ran her fingers through her long hair "your so naive."

I stared at her confused then stood up slowly, my legs wobbled as i did. I wasnt used to the weight "what do you mean. You did save me."

She laughed "oh boy do they make humans stupid now a days. That boy was such a better fit for me than you." She walked over to me and looked me in the eyes "im not an angel, and i didnt save you, quite the opposite actually." Her bright green eyes faded to red and then her wings feather by feather turned black. Two horns started to form and curl from her head and then her white dress turned black and the bottom faded away, revealing her slender pale legs. Her arms forked black gloves that strapped around her middle finger. She now wore a short black sleeveless dress with elbow length gloves. Her horns and wings were black and her eyes.... they stared at me bright red.

She smiled revealing her sharp fangs then laughed "your expression is priceless. Did you really think i was an angel?

I stared at her, she was still alot smaller than me but now she seemed to give me chills.

I took a step back and hit my back against the wall "what are you?" I asked not looking away.

She laughed again "are you kidding me? Seriously take a hint. Your really pretty dumb arent you."

I sat down and sighed then looked at the floor "your a demon, arent you?" I put my head in my hands "i get saved from a living hell by an angel.... and with my luck, it turns out to be a demon."

She sighed "so look here, heres the deal. I am a demon, as you can tell, and i was here for that boy. But as you know there were some complications. So, i need a new human to become part of. I usually choose kids because they are more easily trusted but i needed one quick and needed someone willing. Thats where you come in. I need you to agree to let me possess you."

I looked up at her then blinked, not believing what i was hearing, "you.... you want to possess me?"

She nodded and put her hand out to me "in return for your body i can give you power. All you need to do is help me with my work. You will still be you, just with a little of me added in."

I looked at her hand then at her smiling face, her eyes pierced into mine. I shook my head "but your a demon, your evil."

She frowned and crossed her arms "im not evil. I punish evil. You seem to be getting me mixed up with the humans." She spoke out, she seemed somewhat angry.

I stared at her "what will happen if i dont take your deal."

She froze then smiled at me "there you go, now your thinking smart!" She sat against the wall, right next to me. "Honestly, if you dont make this deal with me.... ill just leave you here. You will probably have trouble explaining your story but it will work out eventually..." she looked at me "but the problem isnt what will happen to you... its what will happen to me. If i dont possess a human for more than 24 hours then i will slowly and painfully become nothing. I do not die, but i do fade away. I will not exist." She stood up. "And if you do take my offer we both get what we want. You will have power and never have to be a slave to anyone. And i will be able to work with your help. I can make all your problems go away. I can make your strong and powerful. Everyone can know who you are or no one can." She put her hand out to me again "will you help me, and in return, help yourself?"

I stared at her hand, she had small hands, those of a childs. I couldnt leave her alone. I could never let a child suffer, even her.

I put my hand in hers "ill do it..." i said softly.

She grinned and pulled me up. She smiled and said "this may hurt a bit." Then before i could protest she stabbed her hand through my stomach and everything shined white....and then went completely black.