Letter Sixteen (final)

Calum,

i cannot wait any longer. i'm going to reveal myself to you today at lunch. you'll probably be surprised at who this is and you may not talk to me anymore but i don't care honestly. meet me in the library. i'll be there, i promise.
this will be my last letter to you.

you gave me this unbelievable feeling no one could ever give me. you made me feel like this all over again. every time i look at you, all i see is an amazing guy that will never be mine. your beautiful brown eyes, pitch black hair, smile, laugh, just everything about you is what i love so much. calum, for now, thanks for being a great friend :)

Unknown xx

I slide the note into his locker as soon as the bell rings. I act casually and open my locker. He comes out of his class and tells his friend he'll see them later. He goes to his locker quickly and sees me. "H-hey."

"Hi Calum." Awkward silence roamed around both of us. I see him open his locker and the note falls to the ground.

I feel my stomach turn and I close my locker. I walk into the girls bathroom and wait at least ten minutes until I can go.

I walk out and speed walk up to the library. Each step I took I got even more nervous. I made it to the front of the library and I walk in slowly, seeing Calum by the usual spot.

I walk up to him and tap his shoulder once again. He turns around quickly and smiles. "H-hi Sarah."

I laugh lightly and sit down. "Stop being nervous." He adjusted himself in his seat and sets his arms in the table.

"Right, sorry. What are you doing here?"

"Having lunch with you."

"I didn't get anything." He chuckles. I take out two pizzas and hand one to him.

"I know. I bought us lunch." I smile. He begins to eat and silence was filled once again.

"I came here to tell you something."

"What is it Sarah?" He takes a bite of his slice and puts it down.

"You want to know who's writing those letters to you write?"

"Yeah, it's mean a couple of months. Do you know?" I nod slowly and look down.

"Well, who is it?"

Here goes nothing. The bell better not ring.

"Well, you might not gonna believe it but, it's me." I breathe out.

I look up and I see a smile on his face. "Great you don't believe me!" I softly yell.

"No no no. I just knew this whole time." I look at him shocked. How did he know?

"Uhm how?"

"Well, I would see you write and walk up to my locker on lunch time. And your friend Laura told me." I put my head on the table, hiding my embarrassment.

"I shouldn't have done this. I knew you were going to find out." He picks up my head slowly and holds my hand.

"I like you too. I've been scared to ask you out."

"Why?"

"Ever since I first saw you, I fell in love. I've just been a chicken to ask you out. And when I found out you liked me too, I knew I had a chance with you."

I smile and grab the note from his hand. "Well Calum Hood,  wanna hang out this weekend?"

"I'm supposed to ask you that." We both laugh and the bell rings.

We grab our bags and walk out of the library. I was about to head to the stairs before Calum pulled me close to him, and ask me the question I've been dying to hear.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I lean in and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

Let me rephrase something, you do love me :)
- sarah xx

And that's the end!! Tell me if you liked it. I might go back and rewrite the chapters though lol. But yeah hope ya enjoyed my short story!! I love you all and feel free to leave questions and comments!!

Should I do an epilogue? Comment :))

Okay bye!! Read my other books!! 💓💓

—Litzy