Ch.3| She Sounds Interesting (Kota/Sang POV)

"Kota," Mr. Blackbourne called. "Come. We need to talk."

I sighed and got up to follow him.
-
"So this girl sounds interesting. Why would she murder her parents?" I asked.

"She said they were abusive. They must have been to a large extent for her sanity to snap and she went out of her way to kill them. Tomorrow, you should talk to her. You might have an influence on her."

I pushed my glasses up to the bridge of my nose. "Okay Mr. B."

I guess I was speaking to Sang tomorrow.
-
Sang's POV

As I woke up, I got up and stretched.

I hated this place.

"I hate this place. It's stupid walls and the fucking beds. They're hard and I can't get any fucking sleep because all the fucking screaming." I lashed out at the padded wall, punching at it.

Damn it. Why couldn't they at least given me something to do? When were those volunteers going to get here? I'm so fucking bored, and I just woke up.

I combed through my black dyed hair (you could now see the blonde roots) and made my bed.

I sat on the edge, waiting for my cell door to open.

But it didn't.

I laid down and looked at the ceiling.

"Fuck you," I cursed.

And at that moment everything came rushing to me.

Me killing my family... it wasn't right. I know that they abused me and mistreated me, but they deserved to live at least.

I hugged my knees to my chest and cried, rocking back and forth.

How could I have done that? I'm... I'm a monster-

"Sang?"

My head snapped up. "Oh... hi." I said, sniffling.

I wiped my eyes and sat up.

"I'm Kota."

"Well, like you said, my name's Sang. Sang Sorenson." I replied, holding out my hand. "I don't bite. Not anymore."

And as I went to sleep that night, I couldn't stop thinking about the boy with emerald eyes hiding behind his black framed glasses.