Ch.6| Is This What Love Feels Like?

My eyes opened to my new room.

I was finally out of St. Augustine's. I was safe now.

I got dressed in a red shirt and a vest that had gold chains on it with a pocketwatch. (Don't ask I love old things okay?)

I pulled on a pair of black ripped jeans and a black leather jacket, and metal combat boots. (Plz look at the girl from the Miss Pergerine's Home For Peculiar Children, in the trailer. She has the boots.)

I put on my spiked choker and a matching bracelet.

I walked downstairs and arrived in the kitchen.

But I started to panic.

What if I snap? Would I have a knife? What if I end up killing one of the guys?

"Trouble?"

My head snapped up from the knife drawer.

"Can you put a lock on that please?" I asked meekly.

"Trouble. Fuck, why are you scared?"

"I just... I'm afraid I'll take more lives than I already have, Meanie." I said.

He pulled me into his arms, and for a moment I was frozen, but then I hugged him back, burying my head in his shoulder.

"It's okay Trouble. No one will ever hurt you again, I promise."

I cried into his shirt, letting myself be comforted in his arms.

Wow. I sure am lucky to have nine guys who coincidently just happened to walk into St. Augustine's Hospital for volunteering, talking to patients, and then talk to me. I was a murderer, and yet they got me out of my sentence early. They cared for me, even when I couldn't do the same for them.

Is this what love felt like?