Chapter 3: Learning More About My Parents POV: Charlie

"Gods Charlie, you're as sharp as ever." Thalia remarks about my fighting skills. "Well you know me, I like to keep on top of things. I like being the best of the best." I smile. "Trust me, I know." Thalia responds. "You're just like your mother like that." "So I've heard." I say a little too bitterly. "Hey! I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing." She reassures me. "Your mother was a true warrior, one of the best I've ever come to know." "Thales, do you know how many times I've heard about how great my mother was. Heck, I'm compared to her greatness daily. And don't get me wrong, she was a great person, I've met her, maybe not while she was living but still, I know she's someone I should aspire to be like. My issue isn't that I'm like her, my issue is that nobody views me as my own person. They view me as the offspring of the great Percy and Annabeth, only complimenting me on how alike I am with one of them. Never once, has someone commented on how good I am without comparing me to my parents. When people look at me, they don't see Charlie Jackson, they see a younger version of Annabeth Chase." I sigh, letting out all my thoughts that I have been keeping in. "And as much as I hear about my parents and how great of heroes they were, I still don't know that much about them. I don't know why Percy turned dark, or what they liked to do in their free time when they weren't saving the world, heck, I don't even know their birthdays. What kind of daughter doesn't know their own parents birthdays?" I practically yell the last part. "One that was never given the chance. What do you want to know about your parents?" She asks. "Everything."
  "As you've been told, your parents were great heroes, but its fair to say that had humble beginnings. I met your mother when she was only seven years old, yet she was a feisty one, even then she had so much fight in her. When I met Annabeth, she was running away from home, just trying to survive. And Percy, he was just a scrawny thirteen year old when I met him. Nothing too impressive about him yet." Thalia informed me. "But why did Percy turn evil, at least why do you think so?" I ask Thalia. "He claimes its because of Annabeth, but I doubt that can't be right." I continue. "Honestly Charlie, I don't know. I doubt Percy truly knows either. Some questions you may never get the answers to. " she says. This is not one of those questions, I do indeed intend to find the answer as to why Percy turned dark. I think in my head. And with that last thought we resume our sparring.
___________________________________________________________________________
AN: Sorry, I know its a bit slow now but in the next few chapters things will start to heat up and get interesting.