Chapter 4: Skill Simulator POV: Charlie

"You pumped for skill simulator?" Quinn asks me as he sits down next to with his lunch. "I sure am." Kass answers. "Meh. I'm not terribly excited about it. I mean I don't need a machine to tell me what I already know; that I can kick some serious butt." I state. "Gods you are unbelievably cocky sometimes." Quinn says as he rolls his eyes. "Yeah but thats what you love about me." I argue. "Who says we love you?" Kass jokes. "Hey!" I laugh as I punch her. "Ow." She pouts. "You baby!" I exclaim. Kass and I both laugh at this. "Guys, as much as I hate to interrupt u two, its time to head over to the simulator.
"Welcome to the skills simulator!" Percy, or my dad yells. "As many of you may know, the skills simulator is used every month to determine and assess your level on several fighting forms and other skills and your progression on said skill. Whats different today, however, is that we have a new machine. This machine not only shows your skill level, but how you can apply them to certain situations. It also gives us a good look on what type of hero you have the potential to become. "Anyways, enough with my talking, whose first?"
"And last but not least, Charlie!" Percy announces as I step into the machine. After watching Kass and Quinn's simulations, I know what to expect. As I face the monster with first weapon, a knife, my weapon of choice, I easily take it out. The same remains true as I fight other monsters with other weapons such as swords, other types of blades, and my own powers. The last monster I face proves to be harder to defeat since I am using my weakest weapon, which happens to be a bow. I have never been extremely good with archery however I do manage to kill the monster and move onto the second to last stage; which requires resourcefulness.
I am transported into the middle of a jungle and a monster stands about ten feet ahead of me. "Looking for me?" I yell, trying to grab the creatures attention. "RAHH!" It yells as it charges towards me. I quickly run already forming a plan in my head. Since there is always a unofficial contest as to whose skills sim is most interesting, I make my plan a bit complicated. As I'm running a scan the ground for rocks, which most likely contain metal that will allow me to kill the monster. I find a rock a shade off from the others and pick that up. The monster is right on my heels but before it can catch up with me, I make a quick turn to the left and climb up a tree. The monster does not see the tree and runs straight into, but the real benefit is that he now does not know where I am. I make use of this advantage and silently break a branch off of a tree and tie the rock onto it with some vines. The monsters still looking for me. I notice that it must've rained in this rainforest and I control the water so that it falls onto the ground in front of the monster, opposite towards me. This distracts the my enemy, and while he is turned away from me, I jump from the tree, land on his back, grab hold of him, and quickly stab him in the neck, in one quick motion. I then move onto the final level, the newly added level that will predict what type of hero I can become.
I am in a field, leading an army of fellow demigods. Not too far away, I can see thousands of monsters charging toward us. Just as I'm about to give commands to attack, I am possessed by a sort of power I have never experienced before. I am no longer in control of my body and everything is a blur. I think that half of the monsters have been killed by my knife, the other half, my water powers. Thats strange, I think since I normally do not use my water powers just as I have, controlling the water in the monsters bodies. Once the power leaves my body, I look around and see dead bodies everywhere, even I am impressed with my skills. That is, until I realize that the bodies on the ground aren't monsters after all, they are fellow demigods.

_______________________________________________________
AN: Told you guys it was gonna get good!