Chapter 7: Quest Companion? POV: Charlie

"Crap, crap, CRAP!" I mutter to myself as I quickly head toward Cabin 16, Bellona's cabin. "Where's Kass?" I ask her cabin mates. "Right here Charlie." She says. "What's wrong?" Between my anxiety towards the quest and my lack of time, the only words I manage to get out are "Outside now." She nods and we walk down to the lake.

"What's wrong Charlie?" She asks again. I take a deep breath before answering her. "There's a new prophecy." "That's great!" She says but once she notices my panicked look she says "Or not?" "The new prophecy involves me Kass." I explain. "Are you sure? Prophecies can mean anything." "Well if the lines Daughter of Poseidon, daughter of Athena, shall leave their home,and journey out of the Americas, North West of Argentina.Thy shall play a part in the destruction of gods both Greek and Rome,only the greatest emotion shall either set them free, or destroy them, and the world completely. don't involve me, I don't know what does." "Ok fine, but I wouldn't worry about it" Kass says. "How can I not worry about it? It's a big deal! It literally says that I will be part of the destruction of the gods." I yell. "Charlie, listen. It says you could. Prophecies don't always mean they initially appear to be saying. Besides its the future, its inevitable." She calmly reminds me. "Still, it says I could become dark like my father, and after the whole skills simulator incident, I've been terrified that I am exactly like my father in that aspect. I'm petrified that I might find myself facing the same road as he did, the path that turned him evil." I explain. "But unlike your father, you won't be alone if you find yourself facing that dark path." Kass informs me. Huh?" I ask puzzled. "Charlie, I'm coming with you." She firmly tells me. "No, I have to go alone, the prophecy says" "Nothing about you having to go alone." She interrupts. "Fine, but even if you could come, we'd need to convince the camp leaders." I remind her. "Trust me, that will be no problem." Is all she says as she drags me toward the camp office.
Somehow Kass manages to get the camp leaders' approval to come along with me. I suspect its because Percy didn't want me alone, but then again, he was willing to let me go on this quest in the first place. Kass packs a bag and we quickly head off towards the exist to the camp, ready to face the unknown.
_______________________________________________________
AN: Sorry this chapter is short, on vacation so it was a bit rushed.