Chapter 16: Sacrifice POV: Charlie

"It's-it's okay." Kass whispers as she pats my back. "Kass, I-" My confession is interrupted by the sound of pounding on the door. "Crap!" I yell, surprising Kass. "What?" She asks. "There's ugh!" I shout again, pacing around. "Charlie, calm down. What's the matter?" "T-there," I stutter, "there's an army here, and they were suppose to help me overthrow Olympus." I manage to get out. "How could be so stupid!" I shout. "Charlie, it's okay." Kass tries to calm me down. "We gotta do something fast, those doors, they won't hold out for long." I start to pace around the room. "Once they get in here they are going straight for Zeus." "And there's no way to stop them?" Kass asks. "No, as long as Zeus is nearby they will stop at nothing to get to him or any other god or goddess."
   Suddenly an idea flashes into my brain and I know what to do. "Kass I got an idea, but you're not gonna like it." "What is it?" She asks, concern lacing her words. "It's well, it's hard to explain." I lie, but Kass doesn't buy it. "Charlie just say what it is please." She sighs. "Fine well, if you can help Zeus get out of here, I can try to hold off the army for as long as possible." Disbelief flashes in my best friend's eye. "Absolutely not!" "Kass, we don't have time to argue, go now, before it's too late." I go to position myself into a fighting stance. When I realize that Kass is still there I shout " KASS GO NOW!" "But Char-" "NO! Go now Kass, save yourself and Zeus. Whatever happens today is entirely my fault, so go. Just remember that if I don't make it, tell Percy he was a great father and a good person. And remember, you have been and always will be my best friend." Once Kass starts making her way to the other door with Zeus, I turn around towards the door and mentally prepare myself for what is to come.
   The army comes charging in. I am surprised by how many of them there are. I know that I will not make it out alive from this battle, however for ever second that I fight them and slow them down, is giving Kass and Zeus time to escape, making it worth it. I swing my weapon around, burying in it into the chest of as many enemies as I can. I know I am getting weaker and cannot keep fighting much longer. As I get more tired, I let my guard down and while I am fighting one enemy, another comes from behind and stabs me in the back. I feel myself get light headed and fall to the floor. I know that my time is up and I can't help but wonder if this is what Kass felt like after getting stabbed. Darkness is clouding my vision, however I welcome it this time, knowing that it is a different kind of darkness. I can now see my whole life flash before my eyes. I see myself  training with Chiron, meeting with Thalia, facing Percy, and finally stabbing Kass. I make the realization that perhaps it wasn't entirely my fault that I had a dark side, after all we all have darkness inside of ourselves. The issue with me is that I let my darkness come out, I let it overtake me. And with that thought I slip further and further into the darkness, until that is all I see.
The End

_______________________________________________________
That's it folks! There will be no epilogue for Enlightened, I don't feel the need for one. Sorry it took so long to finish and post this last chapter, I was extremely busy with school. I hope it was worth the wait. I will say I do not plan on continuing this series, I actually am working on an original story. It should be posted within a few days and is a post apocalyptic book so check that out. It will have longer chapter and hopefully better writing than these books. Anyways that's all for now, hope you enjoyed, PEACE!