Passing Notes (College AU)

I remember I wrote this when I was waiting for my History of Rock class to start and there was a cute guy sitting next to me. 😂😂😂

Hope y'all enjoy this. I'm posting this at 2 am because why not. This is usually the time when my brain's full of ideas and I just have to write it somewhere. Why brain.

Guide:
E/C - eye color
H/C - hair color

xxxxxx

It all started with glances.

First day of Creative Writing class, you had no friends to talk to--unlike the other students--because you knew no one at all. When you stepped inside the classroom, you scanned the room for a vacant seat. You spotted a seat on the left side of the third row. Seeing as this was a good seat, you made your way there and occupied the spot. You set down your backpack on the cold floor and opened it. You take out your notebook and pen and placed them on the table. The seats on your right were still vacant. You hoped someone will seat next to you so you could befriend them.

As the class was about to start in a minute, someone finally sat down next to you. At first, you acted cool, pretending not to care who sat there. But really, you were curious who it was. You knew it was a guy, seeing his (a bit) hairy arm and plaid shirt's sleeve. You finally gathered your courage to glance at him. His side view was beautiful. He had a jawline that looked divine. His striking blue eyes were mesmerizing. His arm had visible veins and from the look of it, he must be working out. He wore a gray undershirt and a red plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Two seconds later, you face in front knowing it's too long since you laid your eyes on him.

It was now the handsome student's turn to take a good look at you. You had beautiful E/C eyes that glimmered under the sunlight that was entering the room. Your H/C shined as well and it complimented the color of your eyes. The way you smiled a little as you look in front, showing great interest in the class made his heart skip a beat, as sappy as it may sound but that's exactly how he felt.

The professor enters the room and inteoduces herself. She then proceeds to discuss the syllabus. You feel the student next to you keeps glancing at you from time to time. Itching from curiosity, just when he glanced at you, you glanced back at him. Succeeding at making eye contact, he smiles at you. "Hi," he said.

"Hi," you replied sheepishly.

"I'm James. James Barnes," he said. "B-But people call me Bucky."

"I'm Y/N."

With that small exchange, you finally met a friend, your first friend. You became friends with Bucky since then. Each time you meet, you talked more and knew more about each other.

Then they started passing notes to each other.

You found out that James Barnes was a flirt, a lady's man. He knew how to treat a lady right. They say he's the type of guy you should avoid. He's the type of guy who wouldn't settle for just one girl. You almost believed them.

As you were taking notes in the middle of the class, Bucky pushes a piece of folded paper to you. You put down your pen and glance at him. He looks back at you and motions for the paper. You open the note.

You know you look cute when you're too focused listening to the lesson and taking notes.

You roll your eyes as you pick up your pen and begin to write your reply.

And what are you doing? Staring at me? You shouldn't let a girl distract you, Barnes.

You push the paper back at him and you hear him chuckle.

It's your fault, doll. You're my distraction. I can't focus on the lesson because of you.

You scoff.

Let me tell you, that is not a great pickup line.

Bucky glances at you and smirks.

That wasn't a pickup line. It was the truth. But if you want a pickup line from me, I could give you a dozen. Just for you.

He pushes the paper to you and you couldn't help but roll your eyes at him yet again.

You're such a flirt.

You exchange smirks.

I get that a lot.

"Barnes, Y/L/N! If you're not here to learn about our lesson, then you may leave the room. This isn't the place to flirt with each other," your professor scolded.

Bucky looks back at you and stands up. He gathers his stuff. "Shall we ditch this place, m'lady?" he asked, offering his arm to you.

You gather your stuff as well and link your arms to his. "We shall," you replied, grinning.

You walk out of the room happily and laughed. You couldn't believe it. You just ditched class with your friend even though you promised to your parents and yourself you wouldn't.

"Oh man, did you see the look on her face when we seriously left the room, doll?" Bucky laughed.

You turn to him and grinned. "That was priceless. She thought we wouldn't do it but we did!"

After you both calmed down, Bucky speaks. "Since that was our last of the day, that means we've got the whole day to ourselves. Where do you want to go?"

"Well, I'm kinda hungry," you shrugged.

"A diner it is," he nodded.