Chapter 12

Picture of Zander.

Zander's Pov

"I can't believe you did that!" I groaned and rubbed the wrinkles away from my forehead, trying to prevent an already forming headache. I tried to ignore the ignorant child who thought screaming at me in the morning was a good idea.

I bet she would make a great team with Samuel since they both seem to share the interest in bothering the shit out of me and crashing my hopes of a peaceful morning.

I shot the girl a warning glare but she didn't seem intimidated by it. I rolled my eyes, she puts on a hard façade but I could see her trembling hands, giving her true emotions away. She was frightened of me. And rightful so.

"Bjorn." I groaned, sipping from my coffee as I opened the newspaper. Bjorn entered the kitchen and immediately spotted Stacey. He seemed a bit startled but the look was soon replaced by a scowl.

"I thought I asked you to keep her out of my way." I muttered, he opened his mouth to say something but wisely decided against it before turning towards Stacey.

"I told you to stay in the room." He snapped. The anger in his tone surprised me, I thought he had become soft for this girl but clearly I was wrong about that, which pleased me to know.

Stacey's eyes widened for a moment, clearly not expecting Bjorn's display either but recovered with a harsh glare.

"You don't tell me what to do. I am not your dog you can demand to stay put." She snarled. I almost wanted to laugh at their interaction but she shouldn't even try to behave like that around me. Unless she was waiting for me to unravel and snap.

"You are really pushing your luck girl." I hissed, getting out of my chair, walking up to her. Bjorn took a step away from me leaving Stacey to fend for her own. Her confidence faltered when I grabbed her chin and squeezed it hard making her wince in pain.

"Don't forget who you are dealing with," I warned, "one more move like that and I'll have you killed in no time."

"You took her!" she spat angrily. I couldn't understand this girl. She showed so much fear towards me yet she wouldn't stand down if it was to protect Eleanor.

I wanted to hate Stacey but the attitude she shows towards her friend made me respect her. I admired her ability to push aside her own fears in order to protect the ones she cares about. Not many people are able to do that.

"She is not  your responsibility." I spat back. Her gaze fell to the ground. I knew she wanted to argue but she didn't.

"What do you plan with her, with us?" she pondered silently.

"I have no plans with you Ms. Castello and what concerns Eleanor isn't your business anymore." with that I turned around, gulped down my coffee and took off towards my room to check up on the sleeping girl in my bed.

I entered the room and eyed the pillow on the couch as I passed it. Almost shivering at the memory of my attempt to sleep in it last night. I stretched my back recalling the discomfort.

I turned towards the bed, she looked so small laying on my king-sized bed, hidden away in a sea of blankets. She looked so out of place here but like an angel none the less.

Part of me wanted her to wake up, the other half...

The other half wasn't so sure about that. She looked peaceful laying in my bed and for some reason I was scared of what her reaction to me would be.

I growled angrily at myself. Why the fuck would it matter what she thinks. As if she has a say in this. I had given her a warning, a chance. She should have listened. I always get what I want and so be it, I want her.