Chapter 17

Zander's POV

"Zander stop worrying. It's been taken care off." I rolled my eyes.
"They shouldn't have been able to escape in the first place." I growled. Anything could have happened to her.

"We'll double security from now on." Bjorn insisted. I shook my head.
"No." I hit the gas pedal, "she won't leave my sight from now on."

"Zander, you'll scare her even more." I knew he was right but I couldn't bring myself to care.

"Are you..." he hesitated, "are you going to tell her?" I knew he was talking about the file.
"No."

"For god's sake can you please stop driving like a maniac, you'll get us killed!" Bjorn gasped. I never understood him, he loves fast cars and racing tracks but he gets frightened when I'm the one driving.

"I need to get back to the mansion Bjorn."

"We'll get there, there's no rush!" I groaned at his nagging.

I still couldn't believe she tried to escape. They really thought I was that stupid. One of my guards had noticed them leaving the moment they stepped out of the house. Luckily he managed to get them to believe he was a cabdriver.

"I told you stealing that taxi was going to come in handy one day." I wanted to laugh at Bjorn's ridiculous comment but I can't deny him being right.
"Whatever."

I was lost in thoughts. How could she get in that car without any suspicion.

"Why are you getting so angry now? Oliver got them back at the house, we'll be there in minutes." I glared at him, can't he see the problem here?

"How could she have been so naïve? Anyone could have taken her when she was out there." I snapped.

"How ironic of you to say that." Bjorn bit back, I rolled my eyes. Braden was right about one thing, I had put a target on her back.

I sighed in relieve when the driveway finally appeared in sight. I told Bjorn to go inside while I parked the car. He quickly exited the car and spurted towards the door, trying to avoid getting drenched by the rain once again.

I parked the car and killed the ignition. I didn't get out. I just sat there, staring at the file on the dashboard. I closed my eyes and tried to collect my thoughts.

What I had found out about Eleanor didn't change the way I look at her. She is still beautiful, it just makes me realize how fragile she really is. One wrong look and she could break.

She's scared of me, I knew her fear rooted far deeper than my threats. I knew the right thing to do was to let her go. But I can't. I won't. 

She'll have to learn how to deal with me. I'm mafia, I'm not changing, I can't change. The hard surface I put up and the wall of muscle around me is what has kept me going for years. I don't have a heart. I'm a beast.

I hissed in anger, hitting the steering wheel, only then I realized my hands were covered in dried blood. Braden's blood.

I took the file from the dashboard and locked it in the glove department. I pulled the hoodie over my head hoping it would lessen the damage the rain would do. I slammed the car door shut and walked towards the door.

Eleanor's POV

The driver had taken us back to the mansion. He seated us in the living room. My body was shivering furiously. Stacey had demanded one of the guards to give me a blanket, I'm glad they did. Our driver, along with 3 guards were standing beside us, towering over us like skyscrapers. I just wanted to run to a corner and hide.