Chapter 2

*Gale's pov*

I lay on my bed and stare blankly at the ceiling, watching my fan slowly turn. Tomorrow I'll be taking the 10 o'clock train into District 12.

I'm still not sure of what I'll say to Katniss when I see her & I don't know how she'll react to seeing me again.

This trip is supposed to be a surprise for Katniss, at least that's what I told Haymitch over the phone. He said he'll tell Peeta so by the time I get there any anger Peeta has towards me will have diminished. Now all I can do is hope that Peeta kept his big mouth shut and didn't say anything to Katniss.

Just about every other day I check her Facebook page to make sure she's ok and every once in a while I text Haymitch to check up on her. Texting or calling her feels weird after the way I left her.

I still feel terrible about the way I left her. I was so angry about her loving Peeta, that I flipped out & my fist went into Peeta's left eye and left a nasty bruise the size of President Snow's list of victims. She must've choosen that lousy baker over me because she thought I was jerk for what I did.

I'm ashamed of myself for the way I acted, Katniss has every right to hate me. But, I don't hate her. In fact, I've never loved anyone more.

I remember the first day we met...She had a look of determination in her big gleaming grey eyes and her silky brown hair was in two braids instead of one. She looked up at me and smiled. She grabbed me by the arm and pulled me through a hole in the fence into the woods. She showed me her favorite spot, a big rock in the meadow, surrounded by oak trees and, if you looked up you could see the sunset perfectly. You could see everything, yet no one besides the animals could see you. The 5 year old me knew that she'd be the one.

Shortly after that I noticed this blonde, big headed kid stalking her. I realized that exactly 3 minutes each day after Katniss left he left too, in the same direction she did. So, one day I decided to follow this kid and sneak up behind him.

"Who are you and what are you doing?" I asked him.

"I'm Peeta Mellark the Baker's son...I...was, um...maybe...following Katniss." He responded with a look of terror on his face.

"If you don't stop stalking her you'll be sorry." I said in a strict, non joking manor.

"I promise I'll leave her alone." He said as his lip quivered.

He got up and ran in the opposite direction.

I don't think Peeta and I were really ever on good terms and I don't expect to ever be.

My eyes start to close as I drift off into a nervous sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hope you guys are enjoying the fanfic so far:) Please vote for my chapters and comment some of your opinions. Make sure to keep reading to find out what happens next xx