Chapter Fifteen

Together, Kataleen and Mathew walked towards the large, open grass plane. Kataleen remembered most faces of the people who were stretching before the training, oblivious that the one they once had tormented was back, better than ever.

She saw Grace, Arthur, Anna and Austin standing a few metres away from the rest of the group. Mathew and Kataleen approached them with quick strides, talking to each other as they walked. The sound of Kataleen laughing at Mathew's joke made the others quickly snap their heads towards their direction. Realising that her and Mathew had made up, Grace grinned happily and ran towards her mate.

"I told you that it would be worth it!" Grace said with a broad smile, showing her white teeth. She then proceeded to slap him in the arm. "You're a püssy, Mathew. You wouldn't even have done it without me!"

"Yeah, yeah," Mathew said, matching her smile before embracing her in a hug. He nuzzled his head against her shoulder. "You were right."

Kataleen smiled fondly at their display of love, before turning to the rest of them. Anna and Austin each gave her a smile, whilst Arthur came to embrace her.

"I sensed your sadness, what happened?" Arthur asked, his voice holding concern as he talked against her shoulder, his breath fanning her mark. Kataleen shuddered in delight.

"I found out some bad news." Kataleen said, sadness tinging her tone. "But, we'll talk about it later."

Arthur broke away from their embrace and nodded, understanding that she didn't want to talk, or think, about whatever it was right before she would be facing the rest of the pack.

"So," Kataleen said, turning towards Austin and Anna. "How are we going to do this?"

"I'm thinking that we start with forty-five minutes of interval training." Austin said, taking a step forward to Kataleen. "Alternating between jogging and sprinting."

"In their human form." Anna added. "I think that the main problem is that they train to much in their wolf-form."

"And then half an hour of strength training?" Kataleen said.

Austin nodded at her suggestion.

"I think that body weight training would be a good idea." Anna said. "And then we can pair them up two and two to train on their fighting technique."

"That sounds good." Kataleen said. "Should we start now?"

Arthur stepped forward and with a nod towards Kataleen, he loudly cleared his throat making Moon pack's members turn their heads toward his direction.

"Today, my head warrior Austin and I will be in charge of training." Arthur said, his voice loud and clear. "We will also have help by Anna Lee and Kataleen Douk."

Murmurs broke out through the crowd, and Kataleen felt the weight of their eyes on her. She gave them a smug smile, before speaking up.

"We will start by warming up with intervals." Kataleen said, her voice as loud as Arthur's had been. "Alternate between jogging and sprinting for forty-five minutes. Stay in your human form, and follow Austin."

With a clap of his hands, Austin began jogging towards the forest surrounding them, with the rest of the pack unwillingly following him. Kataleen knew that they usually only spent about half and hour of warming up in their wolf form and the change from what they used to do was quiet drastic, so Kataleen couldn't really blame them for being upset. Derek should have informed them about the change in training.

Arthur and Kataleen joined the group as they started by jogging through the forest, running last to oversee the group. As she ran after them, Kataleen could hear some of them talking between themselves about Kataleen's return. Some of their opinions were flat out disgusting, talking about her just as they had all those years ago. But, most of the comments were surprised ones, and some even regretful.