Chapter Twenty-One

warning: mature content, don't read after ✤✣✤ if you want to skip

Kataleen lay down in exhaustion on the bed, fluffy pillows surrounding her head. She had ditched her dirty clothes and taken a shower, her hair damp and probably soaking the pillows. Her eyes were shut, and she was on the verge of falling asleep. The fight had taken more of a toll on her than she had anticipated, and she felt like she had just run a marathon. It was still better than having her body covered in bruises, and she was surprised by how little scratches and injuries she had gotten.

Fighting with Arthur had been like a dream, the two of them had worked in perfect synchronisation. The fighting styles they had acquired complemented each others, and even though Kataleen usually didn't seek out fights, she would have done so if she could have Arthur by her side.

After they had dragged the rogue to the basement, they had chained him up with silver, and then left to eat food together. After Kataleen had eaten, she immediately went upstairs to just lay on the bed, almost too tired to function.

She had just closed her eyes, when the door opened and Arthur walked inside. His facial expression was not the usual stoic one he had, instead he looked exhausted.

"Did the meeting go well?" Kataleen asked, looking at Arthur with worry.

While Kataleen had gone upstairs to rest, Derek and Arthur together with their Betas' had moved to Derek's office to discuss the rogue matter. Kataleen had been invited to join, together with Anna and Colin, but they felt like strategic talk wasn't their forte.

"Not very," Arthur said with a sigh as he began to undress. "We have two very different ways of addressing situations. Let's just say that our ideas didn't work well together."

Kataleen became momentarily distracted as he took off his T-shirt, displaying his chiseled stomach. Her eyes widened a fraction in awe, but Kataleen quickly caught herself.

"Y-yes," She said distractedly. "Do you at least have a clue as to where the rogues are coming from?"

"I think so," Arthur said, beginning to unbuckle his pants. Kataleen's eyes fixated on his movements, and embarrassingly she could feel her mouth begin to water. "They have to come from somewhere in the woods, close enough so that they can get here relatively fast, but also far enough so that the scouts can't find them with ease."

Kataleen nodded. "But haven't the scouts found anything?"

"A lot of them have gone missing." Arthur said with a small frown. "Mostly those investigating the northern parts of Derek's territory, so I think it's safe to assume that they come from there."

Arthur pulled down his pants, and stood in almost full nakedness, only a pair of tight, white briefs covering his nether regions. Kataleen bit the inside of her cheek in frustration. Arthur folded his clothes and put them next to Kataleen's, and then went to lay next to her in the bed. The mattress shifted under his weight, and Kataleen came closer to his warm body.

"Why don't they just take their warriors and attack there, then?" Kataleen asked.

"Because it's a waste of resources." Arthur said, and rolled over to his side to watch Kataleen. "If we don't know the exact location, we could be walking around for hours before we find them. Derek may not have the largest pack, but his territory is bigger than he can account for."

"This is too serious of a topic to talk about before going to sleep." Kataleen said with a groan as she rubbed her eyes. She opened them again, and they stared directly into Arthur's. As she watched him and his toned body, she wanted to do anything but sleep. The look Arthur had in his eyes, told her that he wanted the same thing as her.