Worlds Apart~ Chapter 16

Ali: Helloooooo readers! :) Long time, no...write? Sorry abou the delay, I've been pretty busy lately. I've got nothing but PROBLEMS right now. Anyways, this chapter reveals something we never knew about Mark! Suspenseful, right? ;) Maybe so, but you'll just have to read to find out!

vote/comment/fan <3

Chapter 16

Mark’s POV

Everything was starting to work out in my life for the first time since I’d fallen hard for Abby. I was no doubt in love with her. She tells me she loves me too, so for now, I can relax.

She came over every night, telling her mother she was going for a walk. Sometimes, before Abby got to my apartment, her mom would call me and ask me how my day was. When she’d tried to seduce me and kissed me, I had to use all of my strength to pry her off me. I thought that might have been a hint that I don’t want to go out with her. Of course, I couldn’t complain to Abby about her own mother, so I just didn’t tell her anything.

Brandon has called Abby multiple times when she’s been over, and it pisses me off when she answers them all. Even when we’re…doing something. We have to stop, to make sure it’s not her mom. It never is, in fact Brandon and Holly are the only two who have ever interrupted. She only answered for Holly once because she’d had a rough day and needed someone to talk to, and Abby told her to call her.

There was something about that Brandon that made Abby very jumpy. I wasn’t worried about it. She didn’t usually talk to him for too long anyway.

At school, it was hard for us not to talk about later plans or even exchange a quick kiss. We had to be careful because of Jessica. I really wish she’d just leave me alone. She always comes into my room asking weird questions. Personal questions. I really wish that as a teacher, I could tell her to get lost, but I can’t do that. I’d get fired. Sometimes she just so annoying, I almost think it’s worth it.

Before I knew it, Abby and I had been together for a month. I knew that night had to special. Not that any night with her wasn’t special, but this one had to be different. After all, she was a very special girl.

The night before, I’d paced my apartment a few times, rejecting any idea that came to mind either for being too corny or not romantic enough. I’ve never given this much thought to something like this. Most of the relationships I’d been in before Abby had been very casual. Accept for one.

Meredith Gregory.

She’d been the love of my life for three wonderful years. I was planning on proposing to her. Instead, she betrayed me. I found her in the arms of another man a few days after I’d bought the ring. I was heartbroken.

I first met Meredith at a small coffee shop that I went to every day back in England. I’d been a regular there for years. One day when that bell jingled to signify a customer’s arrival rang, it was as if the bells of fate had rung instead. She walked in the door, looking as beautiful as ever.

I was last in line, and she took her spot behind me, smiling at me casually and nodding her head. I smiled back.

A few moments passed, and she finally tapped me on the shoulder.

“Have you ever been here before?” she asked with a voice that powered through my thoughts, making me incapable of answering the question right away.

I stammered. “Uh…umm…oh, yes. I…uh…come here every day, actually.”

“What do you usually get?”