6

I landed halfway across his lap and I snatched the waffle away from him. "Give me that!" I yelled, giggling. Joey snickered at me, grabbing my sides. I shrieked as he pulled me fully onto his lap so I was facing him. I tried as hard as I could to resist the blush that was rising to my cheeks. He rested his hands on my hips and I saw his jaw drop as I ate the other half of the waffle in two bites.

"What?" I smirked. "Haven't you ever seen a girl eat before?" Joey's mouth closed. "But--" I picked up the second waffle and began imitating how he ate it, breaking pieces off and dropping them into my mouth, moaning. I could feel his grip around my waist sliding lower and lower and I was plenty aware of the smug look on his face. Not long after had I finished the second waffle and was moving onto the third when Joey abruptly pulled me towards him into a hug.

"Stop being like that," he whispered to me in the same low voice he'd had when we woke up. I giggled innocently. "Like what?" Joey didn't answer as he tilted his head to fit in the crook of my neck. I felt his lips against my skin and I wrapped my hands around his bare back in complete shock that this was happening. He reached my collarbone and sighed, the grip he had around me loosening. I rested my head on his shoulder and I could feel him playing with the ends of my hair. "Like I dunno... You're just--"

I heard the sound of keys in a lock and before I could move the door to Joey's apartment flew open, slamming against the opposing wall. "Aight Rickard up an' at-- ohhh shit!" A familiar voice flooded through the small room. Joey scooped me up off him and I stumbled to the couch, flopping face down on it. "Dude!" Tyler yelled excitedly. "Who's this?" I curled my fist in anticipation, hoping he would say something sweet. I heard his voice muffled from the bedroom. "No one. It's not important I swear."

joey

I knew there was no stopping the crimson covering my cheeks this time. I pushed past Tyler and stormed into my bedroom. Asting wasn't saying a word. I shook my head as I pulled a shirt on, trying to shake off what had just happened. "C'mon man let's go!" I heard Tyler picking up his duffel bag and dropping it again, a habit that always appeared when he was impatient. "We gotta get to the stadium by 12!" "I know.." I muttered, snatching my hat off the bedpost and putting in on.

I greeted Tyler in the hallway, slamming my duffel bag down on the floor next to his. Ty pointed to Asting, who was laying motionless on the couch. For the first time today I noticed she was wearing my sweatpants. "What about the girl?" He whispered to me. I bit my lip. "Asting c'mon! You ever been to a baseball game before?" She picked her head up, turning to look at me. "No?" I grinned, motioning for her to get up. "Well today's your lucky day."

a/n-- the season ended today and guess who's crying 🙋🏼