Chapter 21 - Jaxon

Hubba Hubba, hellooooo Jaxon! Happy reading, loves!

                                  * * *

"Whatever the fuck you're plotting against me, just do it now." I eye Coach, who's grinning at me for probably the first time in his entire life. I was man enough to say it scared me shitless; he'd only be smiling at me if he knew of some impending death upon me that I didn't.

"Shut the fuck up." His smile immediately morphs into a scowl.

"There. Much better." Now I'm grinning.

"I was smiling because, unlike your last match, I just know you're gonna fucking nail this one. Douchenozzle." He mumbles the last part and I cough out a laugh.

"Where did you attain such...colourful insults?"

He throws another "Shut the fuck up," my way before stepping out of the ring.

Cameron follows in immediately after and his grin is no surprise. I'm convinced his face has been surgically fixed to constantly sport a smile.

"Douchenozzle is my word. He totally got that from me." He's smug as hell and it makes me snort.

"Congratulations. The world can finally rest in peace."

"I know right?" He's so fucking cheery I kind of want to punch him. In a good way, though.

He begins helping me settle into gear and I watch how his eyes are lit with excitement. For me. Though he always voices his support for me, he never has to because his face alone usually says it all. Jesus, this guy was one hell of a friend.

"Why are you watching me so lovingly?" He coos and I smack him on the face, laughing.

"I was thinking that for such a fuckface, your annoying ass is probably one of the best friends I've ever had."

Further proving his companionship, he knows better than to make me uncomfortable about things I usually don't admit so he merely uses humour to get through the deep moment.

"Don't shit me." He wiggles his brows. "Does that mean I can finally make us matching friendship bracelets?"

"Douchenozzle." I growl.

"And we're using each other's lingo, too?" He wipes at his eyes. "You're so good to me."

"West." Coach barks. "Get your dick out of Cage's ass and come here. His match is about to start any minute."

"Hey!" Cameron protests, scowling. "I prefer pussy. And lots of it. It just freaks me out how he barely smiles."

"Says the fucking goon himself." Nate mutters but it's loud enough for Cameron to hear, who immediately jumps out of the ring to strangle him.

"Nice girlfriends." I hear someone say and turn to my opponent. I'd be ready to throw down but his amused smirk shows me he's only joking.

"You can have them." I return dryly.

"Pretty sure my girl wouldn't like that." He points toward a stunning blonde in the very first row who's holding up a sign with his picture on it. She winks at him when he meets her gaze and gives me a friendly smile, figuring out she's being somewhat introduced. I nod back.

"She's pretty." I offer, hoping he doesn't get offended that I'm making qualms about his woman.

"Fuck, yeah. I'm one lucky son of a bitch." His entire face lights up when he talks about her, the adoration and love so clear in his eyes I actually have to turn away.