Chapter 2

Kevin's P.O.V

"Hey, get away rat!" I stomped my foot to scare away the little rascal that tried to steal my last crumb of dumpster food.

Yes, I said dumpster food. Not much a bum can eat around here. I ate the crumb and decided to get off my butt and walk around the block to stretch my legs. I was tapped on the shoulder, out of nowhere and I jumped and turned around, completely startled.

"Hi there!" A short young man, with a feminine figure stood in front of me, holding a hundred dollar bill.

"H-hi." I stuttered, still shocked from the sudden tap.

"What's you're name?" The man smiled.

"Kevin." I responded.

Usually, anyone in L.A, stopping to talk to a homeless person, would try to "get to know you", before stealing anything you have left. It has never happened to me, but I have seen it happen, a lot.

"That's a nice name! My name is Mitch, Mitch Grassi." The man, who I now know as Mitch, introduced himself.

I don't know why I am actually talking to him, but I feel like I can trust him not to hurt me or steal anything from me.

"Thanks, and your name isn't too bad either." I said and nodded.

"Well Kevin, I was searching for a job when I saw you walking around. I wanted to be nice and give you this." Mitch pushed the hundred dollar bill towards me.

As much as I wanted to snatch the money, run to the nearest store and buy all the food and drinks I can get, I couldn't accept it.

"Thank you, but I really can't take that from you. You need that money anyway." I shook my head and pushed the money away from me.

"No, I don't. Really, take the money, you definitely need it." Mitch said in a cheery voice.

I felt really offended by what he said, but I don't think he meant it in that way.

"Once again, thank you, but I just can't accept the money." I started to walk away, but he caught up to me.

"Wait! Kevin, please just take the money. Matter of fact, I will take you to the closest store and buy you anything you want." Mitch, generously offered.

I sighed. The man just won't leave me alone, until I accept.

"Fine." I faked a smile, but I know somewhere deep inside me, I was wearing a million dollar smile.

"Yay! You can come with me in my car." Mitch started grabbing my dirty hand and pulling towards a white Cadillac ATS 2.0 T.

I was going to stop in my tracks because I have no idea what he plans to do with me in that car, but my gut was telling me to believe he would never do such bad thing. I went along with what my gut was saying and ran with him.

Once we got to his car, I looked at him with a worried face.

"I can't go in your car like this. I'm filthy and I don't want to mess your car up." I said with a low voice.

"Oh, don't worry about it! I can always go to the car wash if anything." He smiled and got in the driver's seat.

I opened the passenger car door and slowly made my way in the seat. I closed the door, and breathed in. The first thing I noticed was that the car smelled like lilac flowers.

"Does it smell that good?" Mitch giggled.

I must have made an embarrassing face while taking in the scent of his car. I mentally face palmed myself.

"Yeah." I chuckled nervously.

"Great!" Mitch started the car and drove off.

Hey, it's Makayda143 , I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Your turn FrecklesDahHorse .