Chapter 8

Kevin's P.O.V

I sat there in awe, staring at Alyssa. This is the first time I actually got to see her face. She's beyond gorgeous.

"Oh, thanks! We're fine now, though. Somehow, I wish I can repay you." Mitch started off.

"You don't have to repay me. I'm glad I saved someone's life." Alyssa smiled.

Gosh, the room just got a hundred times lighter. Her smile makes me forget the condition I'm in.

"Kevin, why are you smiling so wide?" Mitch asked, smirking.

He knew exactly why.

"I-I'm just happy that Alyssa went out her way to make sure we're okay. That's all. Thank you by the way." I turned to Alyssa.

"No problem." Alyssa gave me a genuine smile.

"Do you want to stay for a while or you have somewhere to be?" Mitch offered, nicely.

"I wish I can stay, but I have work. I hope you guys get better, soon." Alyssa gave us her blessings.

"Alright. Thank you once again. I hope we can keep in contact." I said.

"You know what? Can I give you my number? You guys seem like nice people." Alyssa looked at me.

"Sure." I slightly blushed and gave her my phone.

After a few seconds of her inserting her contact in my phone, she gave it back.

"Bye!" Alyssa smiled and waved as she walked out.

Mitch and I waved back with smiles. As soon as the door closed, Mitch turned to me and smirked.

"Someone has a crush, someone has a crush!" Mitch said in a sing-song voice.

I blushed and shook my head.

"What are you talking about?" I turned the other way so he wouldn't see me blushing.

"You're clearly in love with her. I saw it all when you and her had that little moment." Mitch accused.

"Fine! I like her, but I don't stand a chance." I said rolling my eyes.

Five seconds later, I felt something hit me in the face.

"Ouch! Was that for?!" I yelled, throwing the pillow back at Mitch.

"That's for being stupid. She's obviously into you." Mitch rolled his eyes.

"How do you know for certain?" I challenged.

"Well for one, she came to the hospital to check up on 'us', but I'm sure she was more worried about you. Then, she would look and speak to you more than she did me." Mitch pointed out.

"Are you jealous?" I asked jokingly and raised an eyebrow.

"Ew, hell no. She's all yours, I like boys." Mitch said confidently.

"Really? Well, I support you." I smiled reassuringly.

Mitch smiled back.

"Thanks."

"Welcome."

Another knock came from the door.

"Mitchell Grassi and Kevin Olusola?" Said a man in scrubs.

"Yes?" I said.

The man walks in and sits on the chair.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Ben Bram. I'm here to ask questions about how you feel and to tell you when you are able to leave." He looked at us, before getting his clip board ready.

Mitch and I nodded.

"Let's start shall we?" Dr.Ben chuckled.

For a few minutes, Dr.Ben asked us questions and made sure we didn't feel any pain. If we did, we had to take prescribed medication. It went really well.

"You guys can check out by tomorrow. We did everything, we just need to give Kevin a cast and you guys can be on your way." Dr.Ben smiled.

"Nice. Thank you." Mitch and I responded.

"Don't mock me." We repeated each other again.

"Stop!"

"Ugh!"

Dr.Ben laughed and patted my back.

"Have fun with that guys." Dr.Ben grabbed his stuff and walked out.

Mitch and I stopped talking and sat there quiet, afraid we would end up saying the same thing again.

"Alyssa lover." Mitch teased.

"Boy lover." I stuck out my tongue.

"Shush!" Mitch threw the pillow at me again.

"No, you shush!" I threw the pillow back.

"No, you!" Mitch caught the pillow and threw it like a frisbee.

It hit my stomach.

"Pillow fight!" I threw the pillow with full force and it hit Mitch's face.

He bursted out with laughter. I started laughing myself.

"We're crazy." I said in between laughs.

"Really crazy." Mitch corrected, still dying of laughter.

Right then and there, I knew Mitch and I would be forever be good friends.