Recovery

Requested by Allamenteia 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Your P.O.V)

I sighed, standing next to my aunts desk while I quickly wrote some notes down. I worked as a part time nurse along side my aunt and a few others. We helped the hurt soldiers from the war going on against...who is it now? Ganondorf I think someone said. The war started out against a female named Cia but I guess it has changed now. 

Today was a battle against this Ganondorf at Hyrule field so, as my aunt told me, we needed to be ready to help. The war had started a while ago so my aunt was busy helping the wounded soldiers coming in. Me, I just stood at the desk, writing down names and information about the soldiers who came in. 

I haven't even really heal someone on my own yet because I was, sadly, still training. Ever since my parents died a few years back, my aunt took me in and when I was old enough, began teaching me how to be a nurse. It was pretty cool if you ask me.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)!" I turned my head to the door as my aunt rushed in, looking around then to me with wide eyes," oh there you are sweetie. Come, I need your help with someone who was just brought in."

"Alright, who are they?" I asked, setting the tip of the pencil on the paper. My aunt grabbed my hand, pulling me away from the desk and towards the door in a hurry.

"No time, not time. This is a emergency!" she cried as my own eyes went wide. I never heard he say anything was an emergency before. Even when we get tones of soldiers in, she never freaks out of it, so what's got her so worked up?

She pulled me into the front room where people usually came in. I looked forward at the door, gasping at the sight. It was Impa, one of the commanders in the war. She is very good at what she does, at least that's what I heard. I was shocked to see cuts and bruises all over her along with blood. She looked horrible. However, this wasn't what shocked me the most. In her arms were two people, the Princess of Hyrule, and the hero Link both passed out...

"What happened to you guys?!" I gasped, walking close to the group. 

"Ganondorf...he...was to strong than we thought..." Impa admitted, looking down ashamed as she struggled to hold the two," we were able to defeat him but...barely..."

"Come, don't waste your energy. Come this way, please," my aunt cut in, gesturing to the door as Impa nodded, following after her. I walked behind then, my eyes never leaving the injured war heroes. They got hurt because they tried protect people like us. They are all very brave.

One of our doctors came in, taking Link to another room while Impa carefully lied Zelda onto one of the beds in other. After Zelda was comfortable, she sat down on a near by chair and watched her.

"Ms. Impa, we can set you up with your own room if you like-" a nurse began as Impa was quick to shake her head.

"No. I will stay by the Princess's side," she argument, her voice stern.

"Of course," the nurse bowed her head, heading out to get some medicine. I stood in the corner of the room, waiting for instruction as I watched my aunt and others hurry in and out of rooms, getting supplies.

"Oh, (Y/n), why don't you go and take care of Link in the next room?" my aunt stopped in her tracks, looking over to me with a small smile. My eyes went wide with shock. 

"M-Me? But I'm not done with training!" I ejected as she shook her head.

"Nonsense. You know plenty to take care of him. All you must do is clean his wounds and check for infection," she walked over to me, putting a hand on my shoulder as I looked down.