e

to my luck, there was a fairground open. by the time we reached the entrance, seyeon was speaking to me comfortably again. thank god.

"you wanna go on a ride?" i ask seyeon, gently squeezing her hand.

"mm... i dunno... only thing here that i wanna ride is you..." she smirks.

"that's gonna cost you a few tokens..."

"boo. that's too expensive, guess the rollercoaster's my next best bet. look it's half price."
she yanks my arm excitedly.

we find our way into the stupidly long queue. i'm not bothered as long as seyeon is happy though.

"do you remember our first date?" seyeon asks, feeding me a stick of pocky from the box she was carrying in her bag.

"why're you asking all of a sudden?"

"no reason..." she mumbles, nibbling on a stick of pocky. "it's just that i haven't seen you wear that sweatshirt since the zoo date."

"you even remember what sweatshirt i wore?"

"you looked so good in it, how could i not remember?" she smiles, prodding another pocky stick into my mouth.

"jheez, you're so cute you're gonna give me a heart attack."

of course i remember it. i took her to the zoo because she loves animals. she hadn't told me the explicitly at the time, but you could tell she did from the way her face would light up if she saw a dog or cat on the street; the way she'd pet and praise them; and, as i later found out, the way she'd get distracted mid conversation because she saw a fish tank on the other side of the restaurant.

it was innocent. happy.

we snuck small kisses throughout the date. we'd point at the ugliest animals and say "oh look, it's you". to seyeon's delight, i may or may not have gotten a little scared when feeding a giraffe... but it made her laugh so it wasn't so embarrassing.

and as we were about to leave the zoo,

the next thing i knew, she had her arms wrapped around me. i hugged her back.

"i love you i love you i love you i love you  i love you!"

she exclaimed, her face buried into my sweatshirt.

i don't think i'd ever been so happy.

seyeon rarely says "i love you" now.

"helloooo? jongdae? can i have my boyfriend back in reality now please?"
seyeon pokes my cheek with a pocky stick, snapping me out of my trance,

i notice she was holding half a pocky stick in her mouth...
i take it, with my mouth, kissing her in the process.

"oh so he's alive?"

"yea, think that kiss brought me back to life."

"does that make you snow white?"

"does that make you my princess?"

"not sure it works like that--"