Answers-Nicole

I wake up with Strawberry kneading her paws on my chest. I roll over and check my phone. I smile. Today is Waves birthday and I have a surprise for her. I hear the front door open and she comes upstairs.

"You're awake."

"Yep. Can you take my key to the safe and open it?"

She looks very confused.

"Okay."

She opens the safe and finds a small box, wrapped in ribbon.

"Can you bring it to me?"

She brings me the box.

"Waverly, since the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew I loved you."

I untie the ribbon.

"Each and every day I fall more and more in love with you."

I open the box and she gasps. Inside is a skull shaped obsidian ring.

"Waverly McCready, will you marry me?"

"Oh my god, yes. Of course. I love you so much."

I slide the ring onto her finger and pull her down on top of me. I kiss her slowly.

"Happy birthday, baby."

"I completely forgot today was my birthday. I was more focused on trying to find answers."

"Answers? To what?"

"Okay, so I did a bit of research and found out a lot."

Waves rolls to where she is beside me instead of on top.

"I know why you can't die. I know your history. I know why being the law is in your blood. I got all the answers."

"What do you mean?"

"There was a part of the history that I didn't know and I found the missing part. Wyatt Earp had two deputies. Doc and Ruthless Jack. Ruthless Jack had another name. Jacklyn Haught. She and Wyatt had a child before she quit the law business. I made a couple phone calls and I found out something else. You and your brother have been blessed. You can rid the world of any evil but only if you are together, and you have to die first. You become like the opposite of a demon revenant. You become angels."

"That's a lot to take in."

She looks at me.

"Are you okay? I mean, I just unloaded a lot onto you."

I smile. God I love this girl.

"I'm fine."

I kiss her and she leans all of herself into me. She kisses a line down my neck, gently biting causing a moan to escape my lips. I pull her face back up to mine and kiss her, pushing my tongue between her lips. She slips her shirt off and I do the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our clothes are scattered all over the floor. I smile at her. She looks so beautiful. I trace a line down her cheek then kiss her sweetly. I hear a knock on the door and it opens. We hurry to cover ourselves as Wynonna barges in.

"Waves, I got cake, ice cream, and booze..... and your naked.... again. I'll just be downstairs."

She quickly shuts the door. We laugh.

"When will she ever learn to wait for us to say 'come in'?"

We get dressed, go downstairs, and celebrate the rest of the day.