Prologue

Well it's official, the Ghostbusters are legit and given recent events, there's no doubting that... Or so you would think. While many people know and believe in what they do, there are still doubters. Mostly conspiracy theorist who think the whole "ghost apocalypse" was a government setup and then there's the church folks who say "the only ghost we believe in is the Holy Ghost". Even so, the Ghostbusters have established themselves as heroes and now that they've got financial backing from the city (including a brand new car and a hearse donated to Patty's Uncle's funeral home) and support from most of its residents, they can continue their work and study of the paranormal.

The ladies have become so popular recently, they have to operate on an appointment only system. Of course, there the ones who had to set that up. When they told Kevin to start taking appointments, he brought Vagisil back to headquarters. They contemplate getting rid of him but decide not to since he can lift the heavier equipment and is getting better at figuring out the phone. Besides that, the girls take turns making or buying coffee, getting food and speaking to clients.

Since they saved the city, many people have come forward with paranormal activity they've been experiencing. While most cases have been legit, there have been a few flukes. In one instance, a couple called the Ghostbusters to deal with what they thought were ghost rats. Turns out there home was such a pig sty that it was actually just real rats. The ladies were both disgusted and frustrated but quickly shake it off as they still have lots of work lined up which they hope is legitimate.

So far, they have a smooth system going. When they're not working-working, they're still working. Patty studies up on some more New York history, specifically the buildings and land that clients call in for so that they know what they could be dealing with ahead of time. Abby tries to organize the cases by intensity and the sound of fear each client has when they call in. She also documents the details of each case so that if need be, they can refer back to them. Holtzmann spends all her time jamming to music while conjuring up new gadgets and putting out any fires they may cause. Funny since they operate from a fire house. Once she gets an idea for a new gadget, nothing can break her focus... Or maybe, one thing. She occasionally peeks over at Erin who spends her time working on new formulas, documenting the paranormal subjects and finger dancing along to the music. Holtzmann smiles in amusement and watches her until Erin notices and laughs slightly embarrassed. And then there's Kevin who sits at his desk trying to put a 10 piece puzzle together.

*the phone rings*

Kevin: (answers phone) Ghostbusters, please give a detailed description of your apparition...