Chapter Six - And to Love is What You Have Shown Me

"Emergency phone rang. We've got a call!"

Erin, Patty and Abby immediately go to their lockers to suit up. Holtzmann hangs back in the kitchen, already suited up since she never took hers off from the earlier bust. She sits trying to process what just transpired- or at least- what almost transpired. Erin almost kissed her. She almost kissed Erin. She and Erin almost kissed each other.

Then she starts to look back at it all: The way Erin would blush more profusely whenever Holtzmann flirted even though it's been well over a few months now. The way Erin would almost, kind of flirt back. How Erin no longer went out of her way to get Kevin's attention, instead, simply just acknowledging him now. How it was always Erin that would check up on her. How she'd catch Erin watching her work. The small touches or attempts of physical contact Erin would make. How Erin, who used to be afraid of testing her weapons, now volunteered to. The time it felt like they were going to kiss out in the alleyway. The time it felt like they were going to kiss at the library. The time it felt like they were going to kiss after their coffee mess the other morning. Then she's back to processing what almost just happened moments ago.

The realization hits her. "Holy shit" she whispers to herself. A second later so does a pair of keys "Ow".

"Sorry! You're the only one who hasn't drank anything so we're willingly letting you drive." Patty says.

"I'm not usually the responsible mom friend of the group but is it even okay for you guys to be bustin' with alcohol in your system?" Holtzmann asks.

"Relax! Abby and I couldn't even take a sip of our second drinks before the damn call came in and Erin says she's only had a glass and a half of wine. Now come on, the sooner we get this ghost, the sooner I can return to the tall, vanilla milkshake I was romancing at the bar." Patty responds. "And the sooner you can get your girl. Don't think I didn't see what almost happened. Patty sees it all, baby!" She grins.

They make their way out to the car, Holtzmann and Abby up front while Patty and Erin sit in the back.

>>>

The drive to the bust is surprisingly smooth.

"Okay in one night, Kevin's made sense and Holtzy abided by traffic rules. I must be dreamin'!" Patty comments.

Once out of the car, they grab their packs and head into the small night night club where their bust is. There's a few people standing outside looking somewhat frightened. They find the club's very visibly shaken owner who fills them in.

"... it was a woman. She- she looked pretty harmless at first but then she like spit up some slime and started chasing everyone in the club out. There's the first floor and the basement, you girls go wherever you have to just please get it out of there." The owner says before turning away and the girls nod.

"Alright, Erin and me will check the basement. Patty and Holtz can man the first floor. If you see anything, use your walkies. We don't know how malevolent exactly this ghost is so try to stick together." Abby orders.

>>>

Patty and Holtzmann survey the first floor. There's only a small bar, a very old DJ booth, a few couches and a small tv hanging in the corner. No signs of any apparition yet.

"Man, it's no wonder there's a ghost here. This is a pretty dead night club." Patty points out.

Holtzmann lets out a loud, frustrated groan.  "Come on, ghost! Show yourself now and I promise I won't stick you in the containment unit with all the ghost clowns."