Chapter Two - You Do See How This Might Make Us Look Bad?

The team gets their suits on and pack up the new & improved Ecto-mobile. Holtzmann gets behind the wheel and speeds through Manhattan. She's an incredible engineer but a bad driver. Like really bad. Yes, she's managed to get the team to their jobs in one piece but that doesn't shake the fear that the other women have whenever they get in the car. By now, Abby and Patty have gotten used to it and converse in the backseat about all the morons riding their skateboards in the busy streets. Erin on the other hand was always nervous. She was starting to think that Abby and Patty purposely let her sit in the passenger seat every time they went on a mission. Holtzmann liked it that way. Every now and then, she would take her eyes off the road to glance over at Erin and smile at the sight of the nervous brunette.

"Relax, Gilbert!" Holtzmann says.

"I could if you'd slow down a bit... And if you'd keep your eyes on the road." Erin responds nervously.

Holtzmann chuckles. "As you wish, pretty lady!"

Erin feels her face heating up as she starts to blush. She quickly turns her face to look outside of her window so that the other ladies wouldn't notice. Holtzmann however catches another glimpse of her and smirks to herself. A few minutes pass and the ladies have arrived at the entrance of Columbia University. Just as Erin was about to open her door, the other ladies stop her.

"What are you guys doing?" Erin asks.

"Erin wait!" Abby starts. "Listen, we understand that you didn't leave this place on the best of terms alright but we just want to make sure that before we go in there that we warn you not to do anything you might regret later."

"Guys, I'm a professional. I know how to conduct myself while on the job. Don't worry!" Erin responds.

"Alright, well let's go then." Patty says.

>>>

The ladies head onto the campus and are lead by security outside of the library. There they meet the young librarian on duty who's shaking in fear.

"Hi, you're the ghostbusters right?" The librarian asks.

Abby holds her hand out. "Yes! Nice to meet yo-"

"There's a ghost in there!" The very startled librarian cuts her off.

"Really?" Patty says sarcastically.

"Can you tell us about your encounter with this ghost, ma'am?" Erin asks.

"Well I usually work the early afternoon/early evening shift but the other librarian that works the late evening/early morning shift suddenly fell ill so I was covering for him. I did my usual surveying around to make sure everything was in order and that there were no students left in the library before I closed it for my break when all of a sudden I heard this banging sound. I followed the noise to the second floor when all of a sudden, every book in the American history was thrown off the shelves." The librarian explains.

"Even the ghost knows how jacked up America was back in the day." Patty says quietly.

"I ran to the stairs but was pulled back by whatever that thing in there is. I screamed and security ran inside and I managed to run out with them. Please get rid of that thing. I am not going in there until you do." The librarian cries out.

"Ma'am, we'll handle it." Holtzmann assures the frightened woman.

>>>

They head into the library and look around the ground floor for any sign of the ghost.

"Alright, no sign down here yet. Patty and I will cover this floor in case our ghost decides to present itself. Erin, you and Holtz take the second floor. If you see the ghost, give us a holler." Abby directs.