The Not-So-Great Escape.

"No, he's still asleep. Yeah, of course. See you soon. Bye." Kevin sets the phone down with a tired sigh. It's been a little over a week since Cas brought Jason to the bunker. He also asked Kevin to look through the Men of Letters' archives to check if they had anything on something powerful enough to resurrect Jason in the manner that he had been. So, that's what Kevin had been doing – fruitlessly, he might add. Fruitlessly.

He's leaning towards some pagan god or primordial deity. Hell, if he didn't know any better, he'd say that Death himself brought Jason back and be done with it. But, unfortunately, he does know better, so he has to keep looking.

Death doesn't just bring people back. Not like that either.

Cas also mentioned that Jason wasn't brought back by a demon and Kevin ruled out anyone Jason knew bringing him back.

The whole situation makes his head spin, but Charlie accepted it all immediately. She's grown pretty fond of Jason, especially after Cas mentioned something about robins to her.

Though her celebration is cut short by the very depressing realisation of how Jason had died. Charlie still has the paper that came out when the news broke and it broke her heart.

It began in April of that year. Robin disappeared and then, three weeks later, his broken, beaten body was found buried underneath the charred rubble of a warehouse in Ethiopia. The next day, Jason Todd was killed in a car accident in Europe – though that was largely overshadowed by the death of Robin.

The story dominated every headline in Gotham for weeks, as a city mourned a hero and a father buried

his son.

After combing through the whole of Gotham, top to bottom, she finds something – a network, an entire system mainframe, hidden in the buzz of the city. She missed it the first few times; it's so well disguised that it's almost like it's not there at all.

It takes her a good few hours to break into it. She reads through a couple of files and nearly yelps when she realises what she's done. The batcomputer – she's just hacked into the batcomputer.

There are files on every major villain in the city, but those are just reading material for another day – not quite what she's after at the moment. She keeps scrolling until she's reached a file simply named 'Jason.' It has quite a bit more encryption than the others but she slips past it relatively easily.

The first thing that pops up when the file loads is a photo of Jason – a little younger, maybe eleven or

twelve – with a wide, toothy grin that makes her smile too. Underneath this are Jason's details.

Full name: Jason Peter Todd

Alias: Robin

Status: DECEASED

Date of birth: August 16th, 2002 (age 13)

Emergency contacts:

Bruce Wayne

Dick Grayson

Alfred Pennyworth

Diana Prince

Clark Kent

NOTES:

[January 5th, 2011 – 22:47] Entry 1: I took in a child last night. His name is Jason – he's nine-years-old and he has been homeless for the past two. I caught him trying to steal the tires from the batmobile and he told me that he'd once planned to rob Wayne Manor.