Revelations.

Jason's morning does not go well.

He wakes up and, in his tired stupor, notices a towering figure stood at the end of his bed in the darkness. The sight startles him so much that he ends up smacking his head off the headboard. He recoils, gripping the back of his head as he attempts to get out of bed.

"Jason?" the figure asks. Jason's pounding heart slows at the familiar voice – Cas. For god's sake. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, Cas," he sighs, rubbing the back of his head. "I'm fine. You just scared me, s'all."

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to check in on you. Dean told me what happened."

"Ah," Jason tuts. He loves Dean to pieces but god did he worry sometimes. There's a moment of silence and Jason glances at the clock on his bedside table. It's stopped at forty-something past five. "Cas, you wouldn't happen to know what time it is, would you?"

Cas looks down at his wristwatch. "Four twenty-three."

Jason sighs, getting out of bed and flicking on the lamp beside him. "I'm probably not going back to sleep anytime soon. Do you want any food?"

There's no response.

"You're injured," Cas says, staring at him. Jason remembers the bandages and the fact that he isn't wearing a shirt – it kept riding up his back during the night so he threw it across the room before going back to sleep.

"Yeah..." he says, looking around for his shirt on the floor. It's about a foot away from where Cas is standing. Goddammit.

"Let me heal you," Cas says, beginning to walk towards him. Jason immediately clambers to the other side of the bed.

"No!" he says. Cas stops, slightly confused and a little offended. Jason calms down and waves his hand placatingly. "I just don't want to explain why my nose is suddenly unbroken."

Cas nods in understanding. "Then, at least, let me heal your body."

"Fine," Jason replies, climbing back over the bed. He perches on the edge of the bed and begins to unwrap the bandages, throwing them onto the bedside cabinet with a flourish. "Have at it."

He winces when Cas's cold hands graze over his stitches but is ultimately very relieved when the aching in his sides stops. "Thanks," he says, getting up and patting Cas's shoulder. "I'm going to get some food. You can stay if you want. I don't think anyone's awake yet."

Cas nods. "I'd like that."

-

Jason waltzes into the kitchen, sliding across the floor in his socks. Cas shuffles in behind him. "Do you want anything?" Jason calls over his shoulder.

"No, thank you," Cas says, looking around the kitchen, obviously stunned at the sheer size of it.

Jason shrugs, walking over to the counter. "Your loss."

He hums quite happily along to some song that Dean played in the car from time to time as he digs through the cupboards. Cas wanders over and watches over Jason's shoulder as he cooks.

After thirty minutes, Jason walks over to the breakfast bar with a large plate in one hand and a mug of coffee in the other. He perches on it and begins eating. "So," he says, through a mouthful of bacon. "How's everything been since I left?"

"Quieter," Cas says, coming over. Jason shifts over to allow him to sit beside him. "Dean and Sam took some cases after you left. They were in Texas when you called – demons, I think it was."

Jason hummed in response – he might have said something, but he's currently halfway through a slice of toast. The realisation that it's been almost two months since he's seen his family is also kicking in and he's currently having a minor crisis.