Time Flies.

To Be a Hunter.

Once Jason found about the family business, he was very adamant that he should go on hunts with them – something that Sam and Dean are very against. But Jason is very persistent and, eventually, they settle on a compromise. Jason will learn about hunting and everything that it entails, and, if he still wants in, they'll take him hunting after he finished school. If he decides that he doesn't, they'll send him off to college.

"Four, over a week, throats torn out. No organs missing. Authorities assume that it's animal attacks,"

Sam prompts. "What is it?"

"Vamps," Jason answers firmly. "Pretty large nest too. A couple dozen, maybe more."

"Good," says Dean. He's learning very quickly. "How do you continue?"

"With extreme caution. Do not engage without back up."

"Perfect. Let's move onto tools," Sam says. "Salt?"

"Demons and ghosts." That's something that Jason learned himself, via the many, many books that Bobby had sent over on Jason's request. Sam can't remember all the times that he found Jason sat on the library floor with all of his notes spread out in front of him and TC sprawled out quite happily next to him.

It's just the way Jason is, Sam supposes. He throws himself wholly into everything.

Bearer of Bad News.

Everything is going exceptionally well that morning.

Until Jason throws down his newspaper and storms off. Kevin, being the only other person in the kitchen, follows after him. He finds Jason in the shooting room – firing rounds off into the chest of a target.

"He replaced me," he says, sneering as he empties the gun.

Oh, no. Angry Jason is never easy to deal with.

"Timothy Drake," Jason says, voice bubbling over with anger. "The bastard probably already made him Robin too."

For a while, they stand in silence – Kevin doesn't know what to say and Jason seems content with quietly seething.

"I-I knew," he sighs, voice cracking – and he suddenly sounds like the fourteen-year-old that he is. "I knew that he'd... eventually. But I..."

"You didn't think it would hurt so much," Kevin finishes, keeping his voice low. Jason nods, tears welling up in his eyes.

"It's- It's not just... He was considering it a month after my funeral. A month." Jason runs a hand through his hair and the tears stream down his face. "The dust hadn't even settled on my grave and he was already trying to replace me. Like it was nothing."

"That doesn't matter anymore, Jay," Kevin says, placing a hand on Jason's shoulder. "I know that it hurts, but that's okay. You have every right to be angry, but you don't have to be. What happened, happened, and there's nothing any of us can do to change that. But you'll always have us. I promise." He pulls Jason into a hug. "We love you. Don't you ever doubt that."

Jason smiles and wipes away the tears in his eyes. "I love you all, too."

Don't You Forget About Me.

TC wakes Charlie up that night, barking and sprinting around her room. When she gets up, he begins pulling at her sleeve and she tiredly follows. He leads her through the corridors to Jason's room and she quietly opens the door, grimacing when it creaks loudly.