fireworks festival ch. 7

You had gone shopping with Tracer a few days ago, and ended up buying a cute black dress. You had your makeup done by D.Va, and you essentially looked picture perfect from top to bottom.
Checking your watch, you had a bit of time to kill before the festival. Walking to the kitchen, you decided to grab something to drink.
Looking in, you saw McCree.
"Oh, hey Jesse."

Turning around at the sound of his name, he almost dropped the slice of pizza he was holding. "H-Holy... You look amazing, darlin'."

You laughed, patting his arm. "Thanks, bud." Opening the fridge, you grabbed a beer.

"Alcohol already?"

Shrugging, you popped the lid off and took a sip. "Getting ready for later." You leaned back on the island, giving him a smirk.

Smiling, Jesse motioned you to let him have a sip. Of course, you obliged. "You're goin' with the rat?"

You nodded. "Yeah, I think it'll be fun."

Giving you a wink, Jesse handed your beer back and headed for the door. "Just save me a dance, yeah?"
And just like that, he was gone. You sighed to yourself, thinking.
'This is either going to be great, or horrible.' You took one last sip out of your drink befire putting it back in the fridge.
'Wish I had an eight ball.'

You walked into the lounge room, and saw 76, Roadhog, Reinhardt, as we'll as Reaper all playing poker.

76 turned to see you, waving you over.
"Hey, Y/N"
You walked over, intrigued by what he could want.
"Care for some poker?"

"Yes! Play with us dear." Reinhardt smiled.

You laughed, but declined the offer.
"Sorry, boys. I'm just checking around for a bit. Can't get too absorbed in poker."

Reaper looked towards you. "Ah, yes, the festival is today."

You nodded, a smile on your face. "Sure is! Will I be seeing you guys there?"

The boys all looked towards each other, and shrugged. "Might as well." 76 said.

You smiled. "See you guys there, then." As your turned to leave, Roadhog grabbed your arm.

Turning around, he placed something in your hand. "For Junkrat."
Looking down, it was a plush rat.
You smiled.

"Thanks, Mako."

***

You knocked on the door to Junkrat's shack, and patiently waited. You had your hands behind your back with the rat plush Mako had given you, excited to give it to Jamie.

Junkrat opened the door, a little surprised at what he saw.
He wore a black suit and tie, but he still had all of his soot still on him. At least he cleaned up a little.
"Your face... Looks different."

"Oh," You chuckled. "D.Va did my makeup, do you like it?"

He stared at your face for a bit, almost as if he was trying to decide. "You look beautiful, but..." Taking a rag out of his pocket, he wiped your face clean, taking off the makeup. "I think you look better like this."
Taking his other hand, which seemed to be very dirty, he grinned. Laughing, he wiped soot all over your face and arms.

"Haha, you asshole, stop!" You shoved his hand away, a small blush and smile on your face.

Looking at you, he smiled. "Perfect."
Just as the two of you were about to leave, he perked up. "Ah! Almost forgot!" Rushing back inside, he came back out with his hands behind his back.
Smiling, he handed you a begonia.
"They were outta dozens at the store, so I just bought one... Hope s'alright."

You smiled, placing the flower behind your ear. "It's beautiful."
You teetered on your feet a bit, handing him the plush.
"Its a rat, kinda like you."

Junkrat laughed, giving the plush a little squeeze. "I love it." You blushed, and Jamie grabbed your hand.

"Let's go."

***

Walking onto the beach, you saw a couple of tables set up with food and snacks, as well as a radio that was playing some music. Everybody seemed to be having a good time with each other. You could see Reinhardt and Ana together, Lucio and D.Va, Hanzo, Genji, and Pharah. Everybody seemed to be here. Evern Reaper, who decided to man the fireworks since Junkrat was with you.
Everyone seemed so happy, like there was no stress or worries. It was nice to see the Heros truly look happy.

Spotting Jesse, you told Junkrat you'd be back. Walking up to him, you tapped his shoulder.
Seeing your new look, he laughed. "Junkrat get to you?"

You sighed, but smiled. "You bet."
Taking Jesses hand, you grinned. "May I have this dance?"

"You may." He laughed.
The radio was playing some country music-- perfect.
You were pretty awful at dancing, but Jesse guided you through it. Soon enough, some other people joined up, dancing with the two of you.

As the song finished, you spotted Tracer from across the beach.
"Thank you for the dance, sir." You said, doing a courtesy.

Bowing, he kissed your hand. "You're quite welcome, ma'am."

Smiling, you waved goodbye. Stopping by the table, you grabbed two beers and ran across the beach to Tracer.
"Hey! You look great." you said.

Tracer looked you up and down, laughing. "And you look like Junkrat."

"Oh haha." You joked, putting your hands on your hips. You handed her a beer, and you popped yours open as you looked back to see Jamie, who was messing around with Mako. Even Roadhog wore a suite, which you admitted he looked pretty good in. You smiled. 'He's such a dork.'

"You really like him, don't you?" Tracer asked.
taking a sip of the beer before facing her again, you sighed.

"I hated him at first."

Laughing, Tracer put a hand on your shoulder "I think we all did." She gave you a warm smile.
"Go on, girly. Go get your rat."

***
You had talked with a few others before meeting back up with Junkrat. Checking your watch, you saw it was almost 11, and the show was just about to start.
You and Jamie decided to find a spot to sit.
You decides to seat yourselves in the sand near the radio. Everyone sat a bit further away, but close enough to hear the radio play. Junkrat wrapped his arm around you as you looked out at the water. As the music played, the fireworks started.
They were beautiful. Blue, white, orange, all the fireworks were so mesmerising.

'I'm a junkie for your lovin' your adrift in my veins'

"It's interesting, isn't it?" You said, looking back at the water splash against the rocks.

'You travel through all of my spaces and you swallow my brain'

"What is?" Jamie asked.

'Dance on my skin - sleep in my head'

You pointed out towards the ocean. "The water and the rocks. How it all changes. The water breaks the rock down, showing what is truly is." Looking towards Junkrat, your eyes met. "Or how it truly feels."

'I float my guitar then I swim in your bed'

Junkrat placed his hands on your face, leaning in. He pressed his mouth to yours, and you wrapped your arms around his neck. The fireworks crackled and popped above the two of you, shimmering against the night sky.
If there was anyway you could describe how you felt in that moment,
it was just like that.

'Such a lovely vision when I left my eyes looking at you.'