ii.

___

___

Alaska's jaw dropped when she heard those words come out of her father's mouth. She was furious with Tony for selling her out to a boy that she barely knew. She was so upset that she wanted to storm out of the bathroom and into Peter's room to confront her father. But, she decided she would do that later. So, she walked out of the bathroom and waited for her dad to come out of Peter's room.

While she waited, she started texting her friend, Zoe, telling her what she heard and how angry she was. She was just about to press send on her next text when she heard Peter's door open. She saw Peter walk out and flashed him a small smile, when she saw her father, she glared at him. She pushed herself off the couch and walked towards her dad.

"Can speak to you, privately?" She asked. Tony nodded and she grabbed his wrist and pulled him into Peter's room.

"What?" Tony asked.

"I can't believe you! I can't believe you just sold me out! And to a guy that I just met!" She said. "You took me here to persuade him, if he needed, but I don't know you meant this way."

"I'm sorry, sweetie, I just really wanted you to come with me and couldn't think of another reason to bring you." Tony confessed. "And, besides, I'm not actually going to let him go out with you. You're too young to date."

"Dad, I'm sixteen."

"You're still too young." Tony scolded.

"That's funny coming from you, Tony Stark." Alaska laughed.

Tony gave out a small chuckle before saying, "We're gonna take him out to dinner, okay?" Alaska nodded her head. "I'll go ask his Aunt May, you go talk to him."

"Got it."

And at that, they left Peter's room. Tony went to talk to Aunt May, and Alaska was left make awkward conversation with Peter.

"So, uh, my dad said he was gonna take us to dinner later, so... yeah." Alaska awkwardly informed Peter as she pushed her glasses further up the bridge of her nose with her index finger.

After that was said, the two teenagers were silent. Alaska started fiddling with her necklace and picking at the red nail polish her finger nails. Peter smiled at her nervous actions, finding them cute. But what he found especially adorable, was when Alaska would look up and her eyes would meet his, then she would immediately look away, blushing. Alaska was usually a nervous wreck, especially in front of new people, but she would usually be able to deal with her nerves. Over the years she got good at managing her anxiety, she could manage to deal with it in her head and save her nails from the damage that picking at her nail polish caused. But there was something about Peter that made her nervous and she couldn't figure out what it was so she couldn't work it out in her head. So, picking at her nails and adjusting her glasses is what she did. 

Finally, Tony got back from talking to Peter's aunt, saving Alaska from the painfully awkward silence that filled the room. When he entered the living room he informed Peter and Alaska that it was okay with May that Peter went to dinner with them. With that, Tony led the two teenagers out of the apartment and downstairs to the car.

___

Tony planned on taking Peter and Alaska to a fancy restaurant, but Alaska wanted pizza and she could convince her father to do pretty much anything, so, they found a pizza place around Peter's neighborhood and ate there. At the restaurant, Peter and Alaska kept exchanging glances at each other and when Tony noticed, he tried getting the two to talk.

His plan to get the two teenagers to start talking failed, as they only managed to get two words out to each other. Those words were, so and um. Seeing as his first plan didn't work, Tony came up with a second one that he knew would at least get a few words out of Alaska.

"So, Peter." Tony said, causing Peter's head to turn to Tony. "Have you heard about the newest Avenger? She calls herself Blink."

Alaska's head snapped up at the mention of the new Avenger's alias. Tony smirked to himself when he saw her suddenly become interested in the conversation. Alaska noticed her father's smirk and rolled her eyes before fixing her gaze back on her hands, picking at her nail polish.

"No, Mr. Stark, I-- I haven't." Peter stuttered.

"Oh, well, she's going to be coming with us to Germany." Tony said as he looked at his daughter, and he saw her face light up. "Alaska, would you mind telling him all about Blink while I, uh, go to the restroom?"

"I guess." Alaska said as she gave her father a pleading look. Don't leave me alone with him, she's mouthed. In reply, her father smiled before walking off. She let out a huff of breath before turning towards Peter.

"So, Blink." Peter said.

"Oh. Right. Well, um, she's a teleporter, she's kind of been, like, an honorary Avenger for years. I guess my dad finally decided to make it official, though." Alaska said blandly. "Except, I kinda doubt he'll actually let m-- I mean, her, actually join. It's probably just for this mission. Uh, I'm sorry, I'll stop rambling."

"She's you, isn't she?" Peter asked.

"How'd you know?" She asked. Peter shrugged his shoulders as he laughed at how Alaska reacted. "Spill it, Parker." She said trying to sound intimidating.

"Just a hunch, I guess." He smiled.

"Mhm, sure. But, anyways you're right, I'm Blink. And you are that Bug Boy thing."

"It's Spider-Man, but go off," Peter muttered.

They started hitting it off, there were hardly any awkward pauses any more, no more so's and um's. Just them, talking, getting to know each other. Just as they started on a new topic, Tony came back from wherever it was he went off to and broke up Peter and Alaska's conversation.

"We should probably take Peter back now." Tony said.

"Okay," Alaska replied, her tone sadder than before.

___

When they arrived at Peter's apartment building, Alaska offered to walk him up to his apartment. Peter gladly took her up on her offer and they both headed into the building. They got into the elevator and Peter hit the button for his floor, on their way up they started chatting again. When they got to his apartment Peter told Alaska to thank her father for dinner, and Alaska nodded politely. Peter turned around to open his apartment door. But, Alaska stopped him but grabbing his hand and turning him around.

Although she did have anxiety, she was also the daughter of a billionaire, with that came a bit of ego. So, she had her moments where her ego would inflate and her confidence would come out to play. This was one of those moments. She had him facing her again, and lightly kissed his cheek.

Peter's eyes widened in shock. "Wh-- what was that for?"

"My way of thanking you for making, what I thought was going to be an extremely boring night, into an actually really fun one." She replied.

And at that, she turned around and went back in the elevator. By the time she got in it, her cheeks flushed a bright pink and she was grinning like an idiot. Before the elevator doors closed, Alaska got a glimpse of Peter and saw him doing the same thing she was.

a/n
They had two kind of cute moments yay! They'll have much cuter moments later on in the book, I promise.