vii.

___

___

Monday. The day everyone hates. The first day back to school from the weekend. The day that brings stress and anxiety from waking up early after the long, relaxing weekend. The day that makes you snap back into reality after the weekend is over. The day that leaves you with only your memories from the previous weekend to keep you going for the next.

But not for Alaska Stark. Alaska is homeschooled. She quit going to normal school after she finished junior high because she, "Hated literally everyone there except for two people." So, Tony pulled her out of school and started homeschooling her. Although, because her father wasn't back from, God knows where, she didn't have to do anything. So, she stayed in bed all day, watching Netflix.

She spent most of her day rewatching shows and movies that she had seen a million times before. The parts of her day that weren't spent watching Netflix, were spent drawing and reminiscing on her memories from the previous day at the beach.

She remembered how gently the waves rolled in on the shore and remembered how the warm sun shone on her face. She remembered how cold the water was when she first set foot in it. She remembered the adorable smile Peter had on his face the whole time they were there. She remembered how much fun the both of them were having, then was torn from her daydreaming when she remembered leaving Peter's apartment building.

It was the thought of how she left him that tore her from her memories. She hated how she would always kiss his cheek then vanish instantly as if she had to go right away. She especially hated how they never talked about it, never talked about what it meant for them. She hated it, and wanted to change that and finally talk to Peter about what that meant for them. But, she didn't know how to talk to him about that kind of stuff.

Alaska decided that before she said anything to Peter, she would talk to Tony about what she should do. Her father, she thought, might have a few pointers to give to her on the subject. Considering he is Tony Stark. So, she waited for him to come home before doing anything.

Which was a horrible idea, but she didn't realize it at the time. Since she was close to her dad, she usually told him everything without hesitation. She didn't think this would be any different. And, to be honest, she knew she liked Peter, but she didn't think she had a crush on him. Usually, the feelings she felt when she was with Peter, were not ones of love, they were feelings she associated with anxiety. She had crushes before, but they were usually just on people she had admired from afar, fictional characters or celebrities, she had never had a crush on someone she actually knew. That was a completely different feeling than having a crush on a stranger.

For a genius, Alaska was insanely clueless.

While Alaska spent the day watching Netflix and drawing, her friends Zoe and Jared were at school. They had been assigned this big, long biology packet for homework and, unfortunately, science was neither of their strong suits. So, the second school was out, Zoe and Jared piled into Zoe's car and they headed to the Avengers Facility. While they were already on their way to her, they called Alaska. Jared put his phone on speaker as the phone rang and they waited for her to answer. After about three rings is when she picked up.