viii.

___

___

Alaska heard a knock on her bedroom door. She got off her bed and hesitantly opened the door. But only enough so she could poke her head through to see who was there. She opened the door all the way after seeing Tony smiling down at her. He hugged his daughter and she hugged back. They released each other and went into the living room to talk.

Alaska asked about what Tony did while he was away, and asked about the Avengers and things such as that. Tony asked what Alaska did while he was gone and things like that. Although, they didn't stay on the two subjects for long. As soon as there was a moment of silence, Alaska told her father what she had been dying to tell him since the previous day.

"Dad, I think I want to go out with Peter." Alaska said as she anxiously bit her lip.

"What? No. You can't go out with Peter."

"Why can't I?" Alaska asked, her confidence growing. "And don't give me any of that "Because I said so" or,  "I'm your father and you have to do what I say" crap. Why can't I date him?"

"Because dating a superhero is too dangerous! You could get hurt! He could get hurt too, or even worse." Tony yelled.

"I don't care!" Alaska paused. "I really like him,"

"You're too young, Allie. You're too young to date and it's far too risky."

Alaska inhaled deeply to try and calm down. She let out a shaky breath, then said, "Dad, I really, really like him. I-- I've never felt this way about anyone. Can't you just be, I don't know, happy for me?"

"Honey, it's just a crush. You're too young to fall in love." Tony said. "And I told you, you can't date him. It's too dangerous. It would be too painful for you and I don't want to see my daughter go through that."

"You, my dad, are a superhero! With no regard for your personal safety, despite the fact that you have a family! I'm in constant fear of losing my dad and you think worrying about a boyfriend would be too painful?" She said while fighting the tears that burned in the backs of her eyes. "Not only you, but my whole family is a group of superheroes! My family is the Avengers and all of you guys are always risking your lived. Would it really make a difference if I had a boyfriend on the team?"

"Laska, I--" Tony said, reaching out and trying to hug the young Stark.

Alaska shoved his hand away and said, "Don't,"

The tears burning in the back of her eyes became harder and harder to fight off. It became to much for her and she teleported into her room. Not only because she needed to be alone, but also because she wanted to let her father cool down. In her room, she started to cry. It wasn't only because of her dad telling her dating Peter would be too dangerous, it was a culmination of things. A domino effect. Since she realized her feelings for Peter, she started thinking of her mom. Although, she tried to repress all those thoughts because she didn't like to think about the woman who abandoned her and her dad.