Crying in the rain - The cabin

Chapter Twelve

The cabin

I woke up alone again this morning… something I was used to. I walked down the hall and towards the bathroom and that’s when I heard whispered shouting.

“Hurry! We need to wake Emma up and tell her!” I heard Jayden say in his room, sounding like he was frantic. I stopped in my tracks right in front of my brother’s room. Noah came running out of the room shirtless, and once he noticed me he stopped in his tracks and looked at me.

“Hi.” He whispered. I smiled at him and waved. I waved? Are you kidding me? How stupid am I?

“Oh! You need to pack, were going to the mountains for a few days to stay in the cabin. Jayden’s girlfriend is on her way…”

“What? Why are we going there?” I asked. He looked up at me like I was stupid.

“It’s snowing there…?” I mouthed an ‘oh’ to him and continued into the bathroom to take a quick shower. Once I was done I walked into my room and grabbed a bunch of random clothes and shoved them into a bag without looking at what I packed. I grabbed a bunch of makeup and a pillow. Noah came into my room and helped me bring everything out to the car.

“Did you bring a toothbrush?” Jayden asked once we got back inside. I nodded my head.

“Do you have extra underwear?” He asked. My face flushed and I nodded in embarrassment. He chuckled at me. We all walked to the car ready to leave once Lindsey showed up.

We stopped off at McDonalds to get us some mocha frappes for on the road. Lindsey got a McChicken, she doesn’t like coffee. I was worried I would have to pee but I tried to ignore it.

We listened to “It will rain” by Bruno Mars on the way there. We all sang to it and laughed. We had a Bruno Mars marathon and all sang different songs. I would make eye contact with Noah and my heart would start to beat faster.

We started to see snow about half an hour into the trip and I was getting more exciting by the second. Snow was a wonderful thing; I would never get sick of it.

Noah was in the back with me as Lindsey and Jayden were sitting up front. The music came to a stop and we all turned silent. It was 29 degrees outside and the windows felt frozen when you touched them. I tried to keep my mind off of my bladder and watched the trees pass by us. Colin would have loved to come along with us on this trip.

My mind went crazy as I thought about going back to school. I kind of dropped out since the accident and I was beginning to think I should go back and at least try. Then I thought about the funeral and how sad it was, but it was also like an actual goodbye. I was then day dreaming about what it would be like in the future and what I had planned out for my life. I couldn’t get past tomorrow.