Crying in the rain - Saying goodbye for good

Chapter Seventeen

 Saying goodbye for good

Here I was, sitting on the couch waiting for my parents to show up. Jayden was busy cleaning the place and I was sitting down thinking about how this was going to turn out. I was worried we would fight about my accident or they wouldn’t even show up at all. I wouldn’t be surprised.

“Emma! They’re here!” Jayden shouted from in the kitchen, I stood up abruptly and slowly walked towards the door. Jayden opened the door and helped them bring their stuff inside.

“Emma, dear… how are you?” My mom asked as she gave me a one armed hug.

“Well, things-” She cut me off as she just walked away without me even finishing. I took a deep breath and sat back down on the couch. Well, that was rude.

“Just let them get settled Emma…” Jayden said, patting me on the shoulder. I rolled my eyes. Even when they are settled they won’t listen to me. My dad came into the living room and smiled at me.

“Hey, I missed you kiddo!” He shouted as he walked past and back outside to grab more things.

I sighed and turned on the TV. I could hear them moving more things back into their room and they already started to argue about what goes here or there. Jayden sat next to me on the couch and we both gave each other nervous glances and small smiles.

“How do you think it’s going to turn out?” Jayden whispered to me.

“Terrible.” I said honestly. He laughed a little bit but we turned our attention back onto the TV.

Eventually my parents did get settled in and we were all sitting down in the living room with an awkward silence. My mom looked like she aged five years, and my dad still looked the exact same way. They were both wearing fancy work clothes but seemed to be comfortable in them.

My mom’s eyes were bright blue but my dad’s were lime green. My mom had dark hair and my dad had light curly hair. They looked nothing alike.

At first we sat in silence. Jayden and I sent worried glances towards each other every now and then… maybe it wasn’t a good thing they came back.

“We’re sorry we couldn’t get here sooner Emma, you know how busy we are,” My mom said, breaking the silence. I shook my head and gave her a small smile. What if I had died?  Would they be there for me then?

“We have news for you guys though!” my dad said, happily. We all looked at him, waiting for him to speak more.

“We took a break for the next month, so we are staying here with you guys!” Jayden smiled really big. I could tell he missed them a lot; whether he wanted to admit it or not, I knew it was true.