On The Road

I don't remember leaving my bed as such. Sure I had the feeling of being lifted up and wrapped up. Even Oakry spoke I think. But I didn't really come too until a while later. Cold and stiff I raised my head up off the warm mass of muscle below me. The Wolf, who I could only guess to be Gunner had me wrapped up in a blanket that was then tied under his middle. Two Wolves ran beside us, both to his right. They each had one of my bags in their mouth and a few of my furs on their back. One caught me looking at them and Gunner suddenly stopped. Must be mind link. He twisted his head around and licked my cheek. Gingerly I brushed my fingers over his muzzle which he seemed to like. Quickly we were back to running and had been on the move for quite some time until I simply had to get him to stop.

"Gunner." I whispered, poking his ear. "I need to pee." He stopped a moment later and one of the wolves shrugged off what they were carrying to shift back to human form.

"I'm Cole." He greeted me. "Gunner has asked for me to help you down."

"Thanks." I murmured quietly and waited as he crouched down to untie the blanket from around Gunner. Cole then lifted me up and helped me to my feet.

"You can go behind that tree." Cole pointed to a large trunked tree. Thanking him I rushed over, ignoring the numbness in my legs. Making sure I wasn't in their line of sight I quickly did my business. And yes the drip dry method is all you have in the middle of no where without any decent leaves or moss. Quickly righting my clothes I went back to Gunner.

"That's better." I chuckled quietly to Gunner. "Do you want a break or to keep moving?" I noticed the other Wolf wasn't here.

"He's gone for a piss." Cole explained, noticing my confusion and them laughing at my reaction to his crude choice of words. "Gunner said we can wait a couple minutes in you need to but he would rather just get going."

"Alright. Do you need help getting my stuff back onto your back?" As I spoke Gunner kept rubbing his nose on my arm, demanding attention. I didn't look down at him so he was firmer with his nudging me until he knocked my onto my butt by pushing his nose against my stomach too much. "Oi!" I whined, rubbing my rear. Just then the other Wolf came strutting back and Cole re rigged him with my stuff.

"Let her go Gunner bud, she needs to help me a min." Cole grunted, pulling me up. He quickly shifted and I tied my furs on his back again before picking up my blanket. I sat on Gunners back and wrapped the blanket around my lower back and hips area before leaning down and looping the one end under his to tie it to the other end at his side. I was securely in place and able to sit up or lay down if I chose.

"I'm ready." I muttered by Gunners ear and he set off again. This time I found myself clinging to his fur as he was going faster. As we traveled I thought over everything that is going to be happening. Admittedly I'm scared of Gunner. He hasn't exactly been the kindest so far but his Wolf is really friendly. It's the whole three weeks thing of not being able to leave his tent. Like how do I bathe and where do I pee? Plus I can't cope without being able to walk around and through the trees every day. I'm going to go stir crazy! At least I have my crafting stuff.

"Jump off lass." Cole chuckled a few hours later. I slipped off Gunners back and stood of shaky legs. Gunner shifted back and smirked down at me.

"Hello Mate." I smiled nervously at him before plopping down and stretching out my legs. "Don't move. I'll be back." He growled in my ear as he crouched down before whistling as he walked off behind the trees.

"Want something to eat?" A guy asked with a shark like grin. He was holding two rabbits. "Darwint by the way."

"Lynx." I replied. "And yes I'm blooming starving!"