Theory: Sandy was not a slut

I've been off with the interaction between the outsiders fandom and myself, so for the past two months I'd been rereading several S.E. Hinton books and a few books like Gone With The Wind (which happens to be a super romantic love story mehehehe Pony what's good?).

I reread the Outsiders and felt like examining Sodapop a little more, since his happy go lucky personality never really appealed interest in me.

I noticed a lot of things. Especially his relationship with Sandy.

I came to a conclusion.

Sandy didn't cheat.

😂😁😀😃😐😶...

😶...

😶...

😲😲😲😲😲😲😧😨😵😬😡😬
HOLD UP ,FOOL FOR DALLY, ARE YOU IMPLYING SANDY ISN'T JUST SOME BITCHY FAKE SLUT THAT TRIES STEALING MY SODAPOP BOOTY?

Yes.

Yes I am.

I am implying exactly that.

Intentionally, and all the way.

Sandy didn't not cheat on Sodapop and here's why.

Buckle up, 'cause I'm about to blow your mind.

This whole mess only happened in a matter of days, and started the same week Ponyboy disappeared into Jay Mountain.

Before Pony's dramatic flee after his best friend saved him by stabbing Bob the soc, Sodapop confessed wanting to propose to Sandy in the future. He's in love and confident enough to believe she loves him as much to respond with a yes.

----------------------

"Yeah I am. Shut up and I'll tell you something. Don't tell Darry though."

"Okay."

"I think I'm going to marry Sandy. After she gets out of school and I get a better job and everything. I might wait till you get out of school, though. So I can help Darry with the bills and stuff."

"Tuff enough. Wait till I get out, though, so you can keep Darry off my back."

"Don't be like that, kid. I told you he don't mean half of what he says..."

"You in love with Sandy? What's it like?"

"Hhhmmm."He sighed happily."It's real nice."

--------
(The Outsiders 17,18)

In only a few, following days, Sodapop got dumped by the girl he planned to be growing old with. He didn't know that at the time.

Why?

Because the baby... wasn't his.
.
.
.
OR WAS IT?

Here's the catch. Sandy lied. Sandy lied for the best.

WHAT! THATS SO STUPID WHY WOULD SHE LIE?

Here's why.

Guys, she loves Sodapop too. She loved him so much "...her blue eyes had glowed when she looked at him, and I was sorry for her."(The Outsiders 111,112).

She lied for Sodapop's own good.💔

Number one: Getting judged👎👎👎👉😷

Sodapop was in no position to be marrying Sandy. He and she were only sixteen.

Number two: Bad Situation 😍😍😍vs👪👪

Despite the baby "not being hers",Sodapop wanted to marry her. That's how badly he loved her.

Sandy admits Soda is the daddy. Sandy goes to Florida because if she stays in town she'll be judged crucially upon and Sodapop will be put in a terrible situation.

A. Choose to stay and help pay the bills with Pony and Darry,

Or

B. Leave to Florida (or anywhere that isn't Tulsa) with Sandy and raise the baby there.

He said he would marry her guys, despite the baby not being hers.

If her parents sent her to Florida and he knew the baby was his he'd only chase after her. He's reckless and hopelessly in love.

(Now there's a man who'd treat me right)

Number 3: Their future😐

Sandy knows that raising a child isn't easy, and it takes money. By sticking with her Grandma and having her grandma "pretend" to raise the child, Sandy would be able to continue her studies and lose the 9 month weight. It's their future, or the child's.

Soda points out he'd marry Sandy after she's done with her studies, which probably means they mattered much to her, being a soft girl and all.

By lying, Sandy is saving her loved one the trouble, and she rejects his letters because telling him the truth is too tempting. She wants him to forget about her, and move on.
Also, her parents disapprove of Soda because besides his looks he has no education nor a decent job to offer for the future of their precious daughter.

Ponyboy is usually not wrong when it comes to depicting people. When he said Dally was mean he meant it and it was true. But it was the explanation behind his mean self what surprised Pony and sympathized with the reader. Pony sees people for what they are but doesn't get the deeper explanation to their personalities.

When Pony stated he liked Sandy then it must mean a lot. A girl like Sandy isn't like the rest of the soc girls, perhaps even an outsider to her own group. Pony's perception of greasy girls change when it comes to Sandy.

So, in conclusion, Sandy is not a slut.

She lied for Sodapop and his family's own good. And her own good as well.

💥💥💥BUT THATS JUST A THEORY! AN OUTSIDERS THEORY!💥💥

Fool-for-Dally out.

To anybody who gets the reference plz let me know so I know I'm not alone in this world lol.