Chapter 1

“Do I have to go?” I asked my mom upset that she was still making decisions for me even though I was 17 years old.

“Yes and wear something nice,”

“But I don’t like him---“

“Watch your mouth he is your soon to be alpha,” my mom scolded.

            It’s Luke Waters’ 18th birthday today and all the girls under 18 are getting dressed up and spraying perfume every where just to get his attention. I’m apart of the Eclipse pack and on your 18th birthday a wolf is meant to find his mate and of course every girl me being the only exception wants to be his mate. He is just annoying I practically grew up with him and he is the definition of an ass. My mom has been going crazy about this, she really wants me to find my mate and I think it’s because she’s trying to get rid of me even though she tells me otherwise.

“Fine, but I’m wearing jeans,” I tell her as I hurry to the bathroom before she could protest.

            I looked in the mirror and stared at my ocean blue eyes and dark brown hair with my straight nose and pink cheeks. I was always told I was beautiful but I never really saw it I knew I was pretty but just like every other girl. I took a quick shower and let the warm water wash away all the annoyance I had for Luke. He was such a big headed, cocky, arrogant player. I couldn’t imagine him being faithful ever. I was actually anxious to see what whore he had as his mate. Hopefully she was a nice girl but knowing who Luke is I highly doubt it. I got out the shower and thought about the first time I met Luke, I was 4 years old.

“Selene why don’t you go say hi to Luke?” my mom cooed as I licked the ice cream on my cone.

“You’re so pretty,” Katy the Luna said as she walked towards us with her son and I smiled at her.

“Thank you,” I smiled.

“Say hi Luke,” Katy said to Luke who just stared at my ice cream with want.

“Hi,” he smiled a wide grin at me and I smiled back.

“Wanna play?” I asked and he nodded as he grabbed my hand and pulled me with him towards the swing set.

            It was a nice day outside and the sun shined brightly on his beautiful brown eyes. I remember us playing like kids usually do and I remember how he was always staring at my ice cream like a creep. I remember him making me smile and then he licked some of my ice cream.

“Eww, I don’t want your germs.,” I whined as I threw the ice cream to the ground upset with him and I ran away to my mom thinking how much I hated him because I really loved chocolate ice cream.

            God he’s always been a jerk! I pulled on a pair of dark denim skinny jeans, a fitted white sleeveless top, with a gray cardigan and knee high leather boots. I walked into the bathroom and flat ironed my wavy hair dark hair and put on my white and gold watch with my gold earrings and gold necklace. I didn’t put any perfume on because I was not about to sway the mating process, I didn’t want to be his mate anyway. I put on a little mascara and some lip gloss. When I was done I walked out of the room and downstairs to see my mom and dad smiling at me by the door.

“Hurry or we’ll be late,” my mom rushed and my father and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes and chuckled.

            I was more like my dad but looked more like my deceased grandmother. My mom smiled at me and I just followed behind her and my dad. They were holding hands and I nearly puked at the sight, it was cute but they were my parents and it was annoying. I sat in the backseat of there car even though I had my own but we were all going as a family. I looked outside and watched the moon rise. All of us were born on a full moon and we were all the most powerful on a full moon. When we pulled up the whole pack house was packed with every pack member. Everyone was excited to see their future Alpha transition into an adult and all the girls were excited to see who his mate was. I got out the car and I saw a few girls in the pack snicker probably at my choice of an outfit I’m sorry I didn’t want to wear something that showed a lot of skin and didn’t really care about anyone’s opinion.

            I walked to the food table and took a gummy worm from the giant bowl. Gummy worms were Luke’s favorite candy no wonder they had a huge bowl of them. The young wolves were dancing and having fun while the older ones talked. I spotted Luke and his crowd of hoes surrounding him and he flirted with every single one of them. He looked up probably sensing me staring and made direct eye contact with me and he smirked with a wink and I just rolled my eyes as I found a place to sit and wait until this party was over with. A few minutes later the Alpha walked up onto the balcony and everyone looked up at him with respect. He cleared his throat.

“As you know tonight is a very important night for my son,” Jake, our Alpha’s voice rang throughout the silence with authority.

“Tonight is the night my son will become a man, he will find his mate tonight with one shift, I am proud of how my boy came out, he is a wonderful…”

            I zoned out, those words were all lies, everyone knows that. I stood up with everyone after the speech and watched Luke take a stand next to his father. In his place stood a huge, strong, midnight black wolf, everyone gasped at how beautiful his sleek, glossy fur looked. I stood amazed I looked at Luke like I’ve never seen him before; he truly was a beautiful wolf. I watched as his nostrils flared and everyone was silent.  My mom squeezed my hand as she stood next to my dad. He looked right at me and my heart raced. I was sweating bullets please no I told my wolf that was going crazy. Why me, was the last thought I had until I shifted and everyone gasped. Did I forget to mention that when a wolf finds his mate that girl always shifts immediately in the crowd whether she wants to or not? My mom looked at me shocked with joyful tears in her eyes and I growled as I ran away from the gawking I heard Luke’s wolf chasing after me. When I got to my secret calming space I shifted back and ran to my emergency clothes spot where I pulled on a pair of basketball shorts and a tank. Just then a giant wolf ran into the clearing growling, I looked at him with a challenging gaze and he took a step towards me as I backed away he growled. I continued to move away from him until I was pushed against a tree. His wolf’s nose rubbed against my neck and I shivered as sparks ran through my body. I was about to make a run for it until he shifted back with the speed of light and gripped my waist. Those sparks ran through my body again and I looked up into his chocolate brown eyes. My eyes traced his facial features and my mind took in every detail.

“Don’t you ever run from me again!” he growled and I nodded to him as I did something I never thought I would do in my life.

            I pulled his face down and kissed him with all I had in me. My heart raced as sparks tingled throughout my body. I wanted him no I needed him my lust was at an all time high when I thought it couldn’t get any worse I realized his knee was in between my legs and the fact that I didn’t have panties on made the burning in my core worse. I grinded on his thigh as my tongue slipped into his mouth. He nibbled on my bottom lip making me gasp and moan softly. I felt him harden against my thigh and my hands made there way down and I moaned realizing that he was stark naked in front of me my hand ran up and down his sexy abs as he kissed down my neck and I pulled his chin back up and kissed his lips. He smiled as he pulled away and just stared at me and my heart raced.

“Wow, that was…” I was shocked and speechless.

“Yeah,” his smirk snapped me out of it as I pushed Luke Waters off me and ran as fast as I could back home.