[07] Succeed!

Thank you to all the readers who have waited patiently for new chapters. I will try my best to update more often. It seems like writing is a bit hard for me now.

[NOT EDITED]

• • •

"So.. we failed?" Sakura asked hesitantly, looking up at [Name] with mortification swirling in her eyes.

The [hair color]ette hadn't said a word in the whole time she had gathered up Team Seven's limp bodies, since she was actually wondering how she was supposed to break it to them that they didn't pass.

They didn't seem to understand the point of this whole test; it was teamwork. At first glance, those clones of [Name] would be nearly impossible to take down alone at their level.

So, in short, the test wasn't really just her testing their skills. It was also about their ability to compromise.

Sakura looked down at the grass, the silence quite deafening. She desperately wanted to know if they had passed or not, even if she did get knocked out after one punch. Could she at least get an A for effort?

Naruto and Sasuke began to stir slightly before waking up completely, both of them seeming groggy and out of it. They didn't break out of their stupors until [Name] snapped her fingers in front of their faces.

"W-What happened, 'ttebayo..?" Naruto questioned slowly, taking in his surroundings with confusion.

Sasuke didn't utter a word, nor make a sound. He was glaring at the ground in some kind of annoyance or anger.

"You do not recall?" [Name] asked, tilting her head slightly.

Naruto shook his head slowly before a hand quickly swiped up to grab it. He must be in a lot of pain after taking that, admittedly unnecessary, beat down from her clone.

"You all failed to complete your mission. Would you care to know why?" [Name] asked, tilting her head.

All three nodded simultaneously, wordlessly looking down at the grass beneath them.

"Well, first of all, I would like to know what you all thought the purpose of this test was." She stated.

"Purpose..?" Sakura questioned, a confused look showing up on her face.

"Yes. The purpose."

"I thought it was to see how good we are at fighting?" Naruto queried through his busted lips, his face overall puffy and bruised.

[Name] sighed, " The purpose of this test was teamwork. I did not expect you all, as individuals, to defeat my clones as is. If you had teamed up and worked together to create a solution, the outcome may have been different."

Naruto looked confused.

"But that's no fair! How were we supposed to know your clones were going kill us, dattebayo!" Naruto protested, leaning forward quickly.

"That is the point. It is to simulate a real mission you will have to go on in the near future. You are going to meet people who want blood, people who have real intent to kill. And not just kill anyone, but kill you." [Name] explained solemnly, a wise gleam glinting in her eyes.

Sakura got chills up her spine, her face paling more than it already was. Sasuke hadn't said a word during the whole conversation, his gaze centered on the ground.

Naruto looked shock- stricken at the [hair color] haired woman, the feeling almost making him go lightheaded. He didn't understand. Teamwork? There was no possible way in the world he could work with that teme Sasuke.