Chapter Three ; The Gig

Sorry for being so late guys! Been super busy! But here is chapter three!! :) Enjoy!*** Oh and I do not own any of the songs!!****

The song on the top is the first song, the second and third it wouldn't let me add!

Well, here I was. I had arrived in California and was preparing my guitars for the performance. Amanda and Sarah were sitting on some older chairs in a little local bar. The place was nice. Had a very eighty's vibe. The tables were all made of a beautiful oak and matched the chairs. I was taking deep breathes and I peaked through the curtains. All the boys sat down at the table and greeted the girls. J-Fred was there as well, and looked handsome as ever.

I ran a hand through my orchid colored hair and grabbed my schecter. I slipped my rose and thorn guitar strap over my head, while placing my black snapback on my head. I took a deep breath and then heard the mic.

"Ladys and Gents, please give a warm welcome to a young girl named Ellie, a local of Cali and just flew in from Boston this morning after being gone." The bartender said, I could hear the smile in his voice and knew Amanda and Sarah must've gave him instructions. I laughed while looking at myself in the mirror one more time. I chose to wear my torn up jeans, green converse, a long tank top and my bandeau. I sighed and walked out on stage. I stood and smiled at the group. J-fred was on his phone. (NONE OF THE SONGS ARE MINE!!!) (Record Year by Eric Church)
"Hey everyone, thank you for coming. I have a couple songs to play, and I hope you enjoy them." I said smiling. Some guys at the bar cheered. I smirked and began strumming.

"Since you turned the tables on me
I've been steady and learnin' lonely
Keepin' this turntable spinnin'
Everything from Jones to Jennings
Slowly plannin' my survival
In a three-foot stack of vinyl
Since you had to walk on outta here
I've been havin' a record year

I bet you thought before you left
I'd just sit in silence by myself
Turn this house into a jail
Dyin' slow in a livin' hell
But love's got a funny way of keepin' score
And your leavin' lit up my scoreboard
I usually make it through side A sober
All bets are off when I flip her over
One bourbon, one scotch, one beer

I'm havin' a record year"

I got more cheers after my performance and realized J-Fred was still there. Watching. Maybe, maybe this could be fixed.

"Well, I am guessing since I haven't been booed off stage yet, you all want to hear more?" I said laughing a bit. Matthias & Bryan screeched while Amanda & Sarah cheered. J-Fred went back to his phone then back to me when he heard me strumming. (Springsteen By Eric Church)

"Somewhere between that setting sun, I'm On Fire and Born To Run
You looked at me and I was done, we were just getting started

I was singing to you, you were singing to me
I was so alive, never been more free
Fired up my daddy's lighter and we sang oh oh ohh
Stayed there 'til they forced us out
We took the long way to your house
And I can still hear the sound
Of you saying, "Don't go
" I looked at Joey briefly.

"When I think about you
I think about 17
I think about my old Jeep
I think about the stars in the sky
Funny how a melody sounds like a memory
Like a soundtrack to a July Saturday night
Springsteen
I bumped in to you by happenstance

You probably wouldn't even know who I am
But if I whispered your name, I bet there'd still be a spark"

I finished strumming and looked out to the crowd. J-fred was shaking his head and looking at the floor. We didn't leave on good terms, but he can't blame me.. I thought.

"Alright everybody, my last song of the night! I wrote this one for a very special someone here tonight, who was and still is my best friend and he has always been there for me when I needed him." I said. J-fred looked up and listened closely. (Wonderwall by Oasis)

"Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do, about you now"
I smiled over to Joey.

"Back beat, the word was on the street
That the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I
Would like to say to you but I don't know how

Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all, you're my wonderwall"

I finished my final song and bowed. Everyone was clapping, but Amanda looked at me with a sad expression. Joey had left and I saw Matthias following out after him. I sighed and grabbed my things and took the back exit to my jeep. I got everything into it and headed towards Amanda's.

"I knew this was going to end badly. I knew it!" I mumbled to myself as I set everything in its place inside the room Amanda gave me. I heard a knock on the door.

"Ellie? Its Amanda, can I come in?" Amanda asked. I sighed and opened the door.

"I know J-fred left, but he was probably just shocked." She said. I sat on the edge of the bed and teared up.

"Maybe it was a mistake coming back. I mean, how are you so sure he was just shocked?" I said.
"Matt and Bryan talked to him a bit to calm him down, I am assuming he was just shocked. But we will figure it out tomorrow. I will leave you to sleep. Try and relax and rest. Oh and Ellie? You did awesome tonight" Amanda said and with that left the room. I changed into shorts and a t-shirt and curled up in bed. I heard my phone vibrate and glanced at it.

The name popped up.. "Joey".