Chapter 6: Big Surprises

I am so sorry for the long, long wait everyone! Things have been hectic to say the least. But I am back. I hope !

***********************************

Things with Joey have been, well perfect. I was officially moved in and life couldn't get any better. I have been pretty successful with youtube as well. Joey is so supportive of my dream. We have been visiting my mom once a week and having dinner with Joey's whole family on Sundays. Again, life couldn't be better. Well, one thing could make it better.

Joey's POV

"I don't know. Amanda, does it seem like her?" I asked as I showed Amanda the ring I was planning to choose for Ellie. Amanda laughed lightly at my nervousness.

"Yes J-Fred. I think she will love it. You know Ellie, small and cute." I smiled, realizing this was a huge choice and was going to be the best choice of my entire life.

"Thanks for helping me Amanda. I just need to choose when to do this." I said while trying to come up with a plan.

"I have a suggestion, invite her mom to the family dinner this Sunday, ask for the blessing and then do this in front of all your family." Amanda suggested. I nodded and smirked. That was a great idea.

I dropped Amanda off and headed right over to Ellie's moms.

"Well Hello Joey! What can I do for you dear?" Ellie's mom asked. She was the sweetest lady. Raised Ellie to be the amazing girl she is. I smiled and gave her a quick hug.

"Well, I had a question. I was hoping to receive your blessing to ask your beautiful daughter to marry me." I said, I could feel my hands shaking. Ellie's mom teared up and gave me a huge hug.

"Yes of course hun! I wouldn't dream of her marrying anyone other than you. You have been so good to my baby and I am so happy to give you my blessing!" She said with tears of joy. I hugged her again and thanked her. I explained the whole plan and we set the time for six pm on Sunday. I called everyone and updated them on the dinner plans and what was to happen. Now to wait and pray I do not let it spill to Ellie my big plans.