Missing Her

The next four months were intensely busy for Amanda and Bethany alike. They were equally involved in the planning of Amanda's wedding, and on top of that, Bethany was working every day at the Opry. Then there were date nights, frequent work-outs with her friends and/or Jordan at the gym, and physical therapy sessions once a week.

Bethany didn't mind so much, though. Honestly, it was a blessing to be so busy. She was used to life in the fast lane. When she was working for Hunter, or for Skillet, or even when she was in New York working on Broadway, she had been going, going, going all day and most nights. Her only disappointment with her new job had been the change of pace. It seemed too tame for her now, after her other job experiences.

Just now, Amanda was trying on her wedding dress for the last time, after the extensive alterations she'd had done to it. Bethany was with her, of course, and was using this visit to the bridal shop to look for a maid of honor dress. Mandy had set two aside for her to choose between, but had given Bethany allowance to purchase any she wanted, so long as it went with the color scheme.

She was wearing a delicious purple gown at the moment, paired with a pair of strappy black heels. It had a low-cut bodice and was tight-fitting all the way from her bust to her butt. The dress was only knee-length, but there was a classy slit going up the side of her left thigh, which was bulging with new muscles.

Bethany had to admit: though she would probably have never liked this dress before, she was really loving it now. Her body had changed so much over the last several months, thanks to her workouts, and she felt more confident than ever. The knee brace did sully the image a bit, but she had already asked Jordan if she could be without it the night of the wedding, to which he had replied in the affirmative. She was excited about its absence more than almost anything else, if she were being truthful.

The heels were a little high for her, and were already causing her feel to hurt, so she knelt to pull them off, setting them back in the box. She was about to turn and head back to the dressing room when Amanda stepped out in the most stunning gown she'd ever seen.

"Oh my gosh, Mandy, you look amazing!" she exclaimed, her eyes going wide. Amanda was smiling, her whole face lighting up with a glow Bethany had never seen before. "Really. That is stunning!"

"I know!" Amanda shouted, rushing to the mirror. "It's SO beautiful!"

They stood admiring Amanda's gown for a while, each of them fingering the intricate lace delicately. The sweetheart neckline was just perfect: it showed enough, but not too much. The collar dipped all the way to the small of Amanda's back, and the sleeves were sheer lace and just barely grazed Amanda's petite elbows. The dress rippled to the floor, the material flowing and settling on all the right curves.

They tried the gown with several different veils, and were talking about how Amanda was going to do her hair when she stopped to look Bethany up and down like she was a hunk of meat.

"Well, look-y here," Amanda teased, letting out a low whistle. "Trying to upstage the bride, are we?"

Bethany looked down at the purple dress she still wore and laughed.

"Hardly. Have you seen how radiant you are?"

Amanda giggled and patted her hair. "Be that as it may, that dress is amazing on you! Jordan would be pleased."

Amanda winked at her, and Bethany blushed.

Jordan had met Mandy a few weeks ago, when he'd shown up at Beth's door with a rose one day while they were talking about china patterns and the advantages of a house over an apartment. It had been so romantic. Jordan had been standing there in his scrubs, obviously fresh from work, and he had one yellow rose between his fingers.