Chapter 2

GORDON'S POV

  As I made my way down the hallway, I couldn't help but think about what it was that Batman saw in Y/N exactly. He obviously saw something in her, which was why he asked me for permission to talk to her in the first place. Of course, I couldn't say no to him.
  I did need someone to figure out what part Y/N played in all of this. We didn't know much about Y/N's past, but her "work" has been all over the news apparently. I never looked at that stuff for too long, mainly because most of the stories just weren't true.

  Over the years, it's been rumored, though, that Y/N was a younger version of Selina Kyle, who hasn't had much activity lately.
  Surprisingly, Ms. Kyle's been trying to figure everything out, but I don't think that that will last too much longer. It never does...

....

  I walked into my office and noticed Barb, my daughter, sitting down in her wheelchair.

  Immediately, Barb smiled at me and said to me,"Dad, hey! I just got here. Did you catch Y/N?"

  I nodded but told Barb,"Yes, I did, but Batman wanted a moment or two alone with her. Ready to head out for lunch?"

  Barb nodded and kissed my cheek. I smiled, and we made our way out of the GCPD.

   BATMAN'S POV

  It's been 24 hours, since I've had any sleep. Alfred wasn't happy about it, but I wasn't resting until I did everything that I could possibly do for Gotham. These last few months have really taken its toll on the people of Gotham, and the GCPD needed more help than what they could afford right now.
  Criminals have increased their nightly activities by a rocketing extent and even The Joker was somewhat quieter than usual. Everyone reacted differently in the past to these sorts of situations, but I was brought out of my thoughts by seeing a familiar signal in the sky.

  I grappled to the GCPD and noticed that Gordon wasn't standing outside waiting for me. Instead, it was Harvey that was waiting for me.
  I just sent him a nod, even though he wasn't my biggest fan. I made my way downstairs, while Harvey, of course, tried to stop me by ranting to me about needing clearance.

  I bumped into Gordon, who chuckled and said,"Sorry, Batman, but we just brought Y/N in. Now, we can-"

  I cut Gordon off by saying to him,"No, I'll talk to Y/N. She doesn't belong here, Jim. She isn't what the world's convinced that she is. I need you to trust me, Jim."

  Gordon nodded and patted my shoulder, before he walked away saying,"Okay, but if you need anything, I'll be with Barb. We're going out for lunch. She said hi, by the way."

  I nodded to Jim, before he disappeared around the corner. I walked into the interrogation room to see Y/N leaning back in her chair. I sat down in front of her, and Y/N looked up at me.

   Y/N'S POV

  Once I finally decided to look up, I noticed Batman sitting across from me. I didn't even notice that I was staring at him, until Batman smirked at me. I looked away and- Why's he smirking at me?

  I looked back at Batman, but I then smiled at him and said,"It's great to see you here. Really. Let me guess: you're the "friend" that Jim was referring to?"

  Batman nodded and said to me,"Yes, I am, but I'll need you to promise me that you'll do two things, Y/N."

  I leaned forward and nodded eagerly saying,"Yes, I'm listening."

  Batman sent me a serious look, but then he held an amused expression as he said to me,"You'll have to promise me that you'll try to stay out of trouble and clean the Batmobile for a month?"

  I groaned and chuckled saying,"You trust me enough to touch the Batmobile? I'm honored, actually."

  Batman sent me a smile, and I blushed immediately.

  He asked me,"Do we have a deal, Y/N?"

  I smiled and said,"I promise, and we have a deal, Batman."