Chapter 4

BATMAN'S POV

  After I jumped out of Y/N's window, I grappled to the GCPD to speak with Gordon.

  Gordon met me on the very top of the GCPD building, before he shook my hand saying,"I'm sorry for making you come back here tonight, Batman, but I had to speak with you about Y/N."

  I nodded and curiously asked him,"What is it, Jim?"

  Gordon sighed and said,"I don't know how to explain this to you, but for years we just haven't been able to determine who Y/N's parents were or if she even had any other living blood relatives at one point."

  Gordon paused for a moment or two, then he said,"An hour ago, we had a breakthrough. Batman, we found her real parents. They're alive."

  I couldn't tell Y/N about this tonight, but I knew that I had to tell her eventually. The question was: How would she take it?

   THE NEXT MORNING...

   Y/N'S POV

  I woke up to feeling something licking my face. I opened my eyes and smiled at my dog, Hero. And yes, I actually thought that Hero was a rather good name for a dog. Hero was a very tall Damation that loved to be around new people, but he really loved to be around me as much as possible.
  At first, I wanted nothing to do with animals, but I needed some company, and it turned out that I really loved dogs. It didn't take long for me to realize that Hero wasn't just any dog... He was my family.

  Hero jumped into my lap, before I smiled and rubbed his head several times.
  My phone vibrated and I looked at the random number that popped up across my screen.

  Since it was not a number I knew, I decided to ignore the call.

  If it was really important, then whoever that was would call me back soon.

  I jumped when I heard,"Did we forget how to use our phone?"

  I smiled at hearing the familiar voice and stood to my feet. Hero jumped off the bed and ran off.

  Shiva bowed to me, before I bowed to her.

  I laughed, but I said to Shiva,"That wasn't necessary, Shiva. No one's watching you. Long time no see, huh? How have you been?"

  Shiva put down her sword and said,"I've been fine, but I have dropped by on behalf of Rā's al Ghūl. He needs your assistance on something, but all I was told was that you were the best candidate for this particular task. He understands if you are busy, Y/N."

  Okay, so maybe I lied when I said that everything that I knew was self-taught.

  I had something to do with Batman today, but maybe he had something more important to handle without me.

  I shook my head and quickly said,"No, I'm not busy. Just give me a minute to get dressed, and I'll be right behind you."

  Shiva let out a sigh of relief, which made me smile. She nodded to me in thank you, and I nodded back to her. Sensing that I was uncomfortable, Shiva walked out to the terrace. I turned around and bumped into someone.

  I sighed in frustration but said,"Will you please just let me know whenever you want to drop in to say hello? How did you get into my bedroom?"

  Batman remained quiet, so I just chuckled and said,"Because you're Batman. Got it. Look about later, I won't be able to make it. I'm needed for a very important matter."

  I took a step back from Batman before I said to him,"I'm really sorry about having to tell you like this. I am, but I have to do this."

  Batman looked at me for a minute before he just... nodded. I thought that he was going to give me a lecture afterwards, but he didn't do that.

  He casually said to me,"I understand, Y/N, but this can't happen all the time. I'll need you, if we're going to work together."

  I smiled and shook his hand, before he jumped out of my window and disappeared.

  I turned, and Shiva said,"Are you ready?"

  I laughed, then I said,"No, I still have to get dressed. I won't take too long, though. I promise."

  Hero sat down on the floor beside my right leg, and I told Shiva,"And I'll have to drop Hero off with a very close friend, too. I don't want Hero to be here by himself."

  Shiva nodded, then she asked me,"Then, will you be ready?"

  I nodded and said,"Yes. Then, I'll be ready."